·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just saying.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
It was all over the news up here last night that according to twitter you guys were gonna fall into the sea today :lol:

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I would buy tons of land on the california/nevada border... that might be acres of oceanfront soon!!!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just needs to get a little bit more windy and the earthquake is coming!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atleast us in studio city can run up the hills amiright
Power went out after thunder and I was sure Armageddon was here. Looks like we get to live another night.

·
5,744 Posts
It was popping like crazy up here in the Foothills.

-Markus-

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Bleh. 3 or 4 is nothing. Makes a little creaky noise, scares the new people from out of town.5.0 or 6.0 is substantial and gets your attention but so long as it doesn't have the "duration", we'll be ok.

You all should remember the Northridge Earthquake (and us, Loma Prieta). Those suckers move more than houses... it moves entire mountain ranges!!!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bleh. 3 or 4 is nothing. Makes a little creaky noise, scares the new people from out of town.5.0 or 6.0 is substantial and gets your attention but so long as it doesn't have the "duration", we'll be ok.

You all should remember the Northridge Earthquake (and us, Loma Prieta). Those suckers move more than houses... it moves entire mountain ranges!!!
I bet there are people on here that weren't even born for either of those earthquakes.

Going out to walk the dogs. WIsh me luck guys.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Loma Prieta was nuts, I was in front of a 7-11 in Santa Cruz watching the windows go in and out and shit flying off the shelves...needless to say, I didn't get my slurpee that day.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i thought i was the only one who felt a certain electricity in the air.

it was so strange i took a quick picture on my blackberry outside of my loft downtown LA

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol^. Well, At least it didn't happen while we were sleeping.

I hate waking up from an earthquake.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
They were making fun of the "prediction" guy on kroq this morning. I'm still not convinced that weather has anything to do with earthquakes, and we sure as S can't predict when one will occur.

On odds alone I'd be we don't have a significant quake anytime soon.

·
Registered
489 Posts
you fuckers just scared me into spending 100 bucks on no-slip grip mats from Target for all my ceramic art in my place. especially the shelf of books hanging over my head when i lay in bed. better safe then be knocked-the-*uck-out by a novel.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They were making fun of the "prediction" guy on kroq this morning. I'm still not convinced that weather has anything to do with earthquakes, and we sure as S can't predict when one will occur.

On odds alone I'd be we don't have a significant quake anytime soon.
When people say "earthquake weather" it does not mean the weather is going to start/trigger an earthquake. Just the eerie feeling from previous earthquakes and what Hollywood portrays as what occurs before a large natural disaster.

To follow with "on odds alone...." contradicts your previous statement. Because if we were going on "odds" we are past due for the "Big One".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts