Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 MSRP for the full size Range Rover brand new off the lot is $83k. Yet I can not find one for under 99k....still. Even ones with 40k+ miles on them.

Did RR really make this little supply?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought the new facelift version got released this year or last? The one before that was in 2011. We have a 2011 Range Rover Sport Autobiography and just took delivery of our 2014.5 RRS Autobiography. Of course the latter is face lifted and looks different than the former. Either way, it's definitely demand and supply. We booked ours several months ago and only got it now. Apparently, they are selling before they hit the lots. At least here in Alberta anyway.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If you look hard enough, there are lots of them within that budget, just need to find someone with manheim access
2013 MSRP for the full size Range Rover brand new off the lot is $83k. Yet I can not find one for under 99k....still. Even ones with 40k+ miles on them.

Did RR really make this little supply?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I never understood why people loved RR so much especially since there are so many other Luxury suvs out there, and the reliability isn't the best...from what i've heard from owners. Only time I liked an RR was when it was plowing down a bunch of motorcycle thugs.

I would never pay $20k over, let alone the MSRP on any SUV.

·
Registered
276 Posts
They're amazing vehicles and no other luxury SUV's even come close to comparison. They uphold a certain class about them that again no other SUV's let alone automobiles can compare. Reliability issues have died down from 2005-2007. The first batch of supercharged models had a few problems, early models had axle problems and transmission problems but they worked out all those problems and realistically the new model lineup is untouchable. Wait till you see what comes from them over the next few years. Some really amazing new vehicles coming.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Based on my experience, they're not reliable and they're built to last the life of the lease or the first owner. I had two new ones (2011 and 2013) and both suspensions crapped out at some point w/ no real clue as to why it occurred and how to avoid it.

When you have enough money to blow and care about being associated with a luxury marque (LR's RR marketing budget is often times double or triple to that of its competitors), you create demand and especially so when they're made in lower volumes.

These are no longer trucks. They're lifted big body sedans. LR made a smart decision to move away from its past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts