Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Island Waterfront Vacation-outside Seattle F.S.

This was my fathers house that has been in the family since 1975. We built the home in 1999 and due to my father passing at the beginning of the year we are now listing the home for sale. If you are looking for a great vacation property this is it! 45 minutes form Seattle and only a 15 minute Ferry ride (Ferry comes by every 30 minutes). Amenities include community enclosed Pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, play area, 2 boat launches. Private beach and dead end roads make this very very private location. Hard for me to give it up, but I have another property that is 1 mile down the road so I will hold on to that.

Whidbey Island Waterfront home

Attachments

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
She is a real head-turner and beauty Bruce! I'm sorry you have to sell.

All the best.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! The house is great, and the location is on the south tip of Whidbey island (just south of the san juans). San Juans are great, but you are another 1hour+ away from Seattle and this gives you a similar feel without being so far away.

another reason this is a special place is because EVERY ship that comes into the Seattle area has to pass in front of the house. That includes all Navy ships and submarines. Amazing to see 1000ft carrier and other ships right in front of you .5 mile away.

House across the water from us is priced at 1,900,000. yet in this market it is not about what you ask but what you can get.

I am just happy we still have an empty lot 1 block off the water (with full view still)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello Everyone... just wanted to see if I can find someone through L4P that may want a house. Yes this house climate is crazy, but I really NEED to sell this place! It is priced at $959,000 right now. that is almost $300,000k off appraised value 1 year ago. If you know anyone looking or even thinking about a great vacation spot please let me know. I will give a GENEROUS finders fee for the house!!

click this link to see the house from a birds eye view MSN Maps view (please click Birds eye after the map pulls up)

IF you look to the left of the propery you will see a beautiful 3 mile beach. Bald Eagles fly above your head and in the distance you can see MT Rainier, and the Ferry pass by for Edmonds/Kingston route.

Expand out on the airial view and see that you are not too far from Seattle. the lines in the water represent the shipping channels all ships have to follow. Every ship that passes into Seattle has to go by this house. THe Navy base is located in Everett and that makes it a real treat to see the carriers and battleships go by.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts