Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm past due on replacing the tires on the ISF. I am going to upsize to 235/35/19F and either 275/35/19 or 285's. I have narrowed it down to the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Positions or the PS2's and figured i'd ask you guys what you would recommend. I drive the car aggressively so I understand both are going to last a year max.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have PS2's on my Crossfire and my parents have them on the XJR. They last for a long time, even with aggressive driving and they are fairly sticky once warm:)

The best tires by far. A bit noisy, but I could care less about that, having an exhaust system. I've been in a couple situations where I was very happy that I had quality Michelins on my car and not some $20 chinese cheap stuff that explodes when you look at it.

So yes, PS2's FTW!!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
PS2s are probably better as 050s are good too... if your car is modded with an exhuast, then it doesnt matter about road noise that much...

i had 050s on my is350 and were good. i am falken sponsored now.. so.... anyhow i never hear the roadnoise much over the straight pipe :)

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the sidewalls stiff on the ps2's? These tires will most likely see track use as well

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PS2s it is, afterall if i don't like them they will not be lasting more than a year

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Are the sidewalls stiff on the ps2's? These tires will most likely see track use as well
I would say so. Vivid also has them on their Blue 800 hp Porsche and I say the tires when they came from a littile NASA road racing at Firbird raceway. They still where in great condition.

Let us know how you like them!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do it, just tracked them, they should be installed either this afternoon or first thing in the morning depending on when the shop gets them and can get me in. i'll take the camera for the install.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Installed them this afternoon, night and day difference between the 255 and the 275 rears. I have no clue why it didn't ship from the factory with this set up. for the first time I can actually use the gas pedal without breaking them free all the time and now i actually have to try and chirp third without it doing it all the time. Car feels much more planted and balanced and handles spirited driving like it was meant to without wanting to power slide with moderate throttle. All in all in the short miles i've put on the car leaving the installer the car feels great. Off to the dealer tomorrow or friday to have the alignment checked and most likely replace the front Brembo rotors and pads.

What's funny is the road noise actually seems quieter than it was with the factory tires and the tires feel softer on bumps, kinda miss the rough, connected ride where i felt every imperfection in the road. The shifts also feel much more pronounced now and really "slam" into gear and don't spin on every upshift unless I'm slamming them at redline

1 - 8 of 8 Posts