Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it sounds like heresy, but i think it is. there are some clear references, or homages, to Heat but i thought it was *better* - i was really blown away by it.

Affleck, whom i'm never cared for, did a stand-up job in acting, writing, & directing. the bank robbing scenes are fresh and intense. the love story hits a nice note without being too sappy. the "small town" / bruce springsteen / can't get out type / we're all losers mentality is perfectly captured.

Affleck is still finding his true "voice" but there is a lot of promise - there are very lasting and haunting images in this movie.

Heat had a little more gloss / professionalism; Town is bit grittier / realistic...

my *highest* recommendation for a cops'n'robbers flick

- chuck

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I havent seen the town yet.

Clearly the answer is NO though!!!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I saw the Town, and its in my tip 10 movies of all time. It truly is an amazing film, and I think its better than Heat. Definitely the same type of film tho, upper-class robbers who are extraordinary at what they do.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Takers was a pretty bad ass movie as well. I love T.I in all his movies.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent seen the town yet.

Clearly the answer is NO though!!!!!

watch it before you make an opinion... like i said, Heat is one of my favorites, and The Town may have just found itself a seat right next to it.

- chuck

·
Registered
58 Posts
watch it before you make an opinion... like i said, Heat is one of my favorites, and The Town may have just found itself a seat right next to it.

- chuck
I tend to agree with Chuck. The Town was an awesome movie that is a must-have in anyones collection. Affleck, my hats off to you :bow1:. This is my second favorite movie of his - compared to his scene in Boiler Room.

The bank scenes were impressive - very professional, however, Affleck's character had a certain element/swag that kept the film legit.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
why compare? Two incredible films...were just talkin' film but look how intense
Dinero was in Heat and how light in Machete...all 3 good films!!

·
5,744 Posts
Damn, with Chuck saying it's damn good, I need to push to see this asap. Looking forward to it, I trailers keep teasing me.

-Markus-

·
Banned
6,957 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was quite a movie, but I'd still say Heat is better (just by a little though).

pacino was definitely better than Hamm - the only real weak link in Town imo

- chuck

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ok since this movie is being compared to HEAT and the concensus is that it is on par with if not better than HEAT, I will def. have to see this movie. Thanks for posting / recommending Chuck :clap: I don't think I would have ever watched this movie otherwise.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I thought it was good, but i feel they should have developed the relationship between afflecks character and his love interest a bit more.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
It's definitely a different movie than HEAT.

Both good, I'd say HEAT it still better. Regardless, Affleck did a great job with it.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought it was good, but i feel they should have developed the relationship between afflecks character and his love interest a bit more.
won't disagree w/ this - there were some interesting parallels they could've explored to better explain the attraction (eg, feeling trapped) but probably not enough time... (also feel the same way about deniro's relationship in heat - it not completely plausible)

- chuck

·
Registered
773 Posts
watched it last night and it is no where as good as "Heat". The story was good but the action scenes were kind of lame.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts