·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Funny you ask that, I talked to my local AD and they told me yes, $29,000.00. They could possibly get me one before the end of the year but they would need the watch paid in full prior to ordering and that still would not guarantee me getting one....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, but some are fetching 6-10k over?

what a travesty
Really? "Fetching" or "asking"? BIG difference. Respectfully, anyone paying that kind of premium is way overpaying!! I know from the Beverly Hills Boutique that the demand for the 341 is not particularly strong -- nothing like the 339 for example. The watch is simply too large for the average person. Therefore, while some die hard PAM collectors want one because of the historical roots, few will wear them with any regularity. Moreover, as is typically the case, those who seek to flip one of the first few offered for sale will ask for premiums, but in very short order, they will be readily available for MSRP (or less). Remember the 317s . . . super hot when they were first released -- selling for big premiums -- now readiy available for below MSRP (BTW, the original run of 317s with the PVD movement was also 500 units, just like the 341, and the 317 is infinitely more wearable).

Don't get me wrong . . . I love the look of the 314 and, if it was 44 mm, I would be all over it.

Craig

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you ask that, I talked to my local AD and they told me yes, $29,000.00. They could possibly get me one before the end of the year but they would need the watch paid in full prior to ordering and that still would not guarantee me getting one....
1. Purchasing SEs from ADs can be difficult, as the Boutiques get the majority of such pieces and certain ADs do not receive any hot SEs.

2. You do need to pay in advance. I did this once and I will never do it again. The Boutiques do not require any deposit at all.

3. I am willing to bet that, well before the end of the year, 341s will be available on P.com for MSRP. Just wait for a few more to hit the street . . . it will not take long.

Craig

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Craig,

Thanks for the valued advise. I'm going to hold off until next year for a 341. I will be gunning to get my hands on a 339, that is my grail watch for this year. I'm traveling to Italy in September I have contacted the Panerai Boutique in Florence and Portofino where I will be staying to see if they might have one or two on hand for that matter. I'll be traveling after the long European Vacation so I'm hoping that the boutiques will have the watches waiting for them.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Craig,

Thanks for the valued advise. I'm going to hold off until next year for a 341. I will be gunning to get my hands on a 339, that is my grail watch for this year. I'm traveling to Italy in September I have contacted the Panerai Boutique in Florence and Portofino where I will be staying to see if they might have one or two on hand for that matter. I'll be traveling after the long European Vacation so I'm hoping that the boutiques will have the watches waiting for them.
SAME!! I need it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be gunning to get my hands on a 339, that is my grail watch for this year.
SAME!! I need it.
Both of you, me, and several thousand others! Even though there will be three times as many 339s as 341s, the 339 will still be more difficult to buy.

Craig

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Both of you, me, and several thousand others! Even though there will be three times as many 339s as 341s, the 339 will still be more difficult to buy.

Craig
Looks like I'll be waiting a bit then...will be well worth it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's just another Panerai made with special composite !another way Panerai can take some more money out of our pocke, sigh !

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just another Panerai made with special composite !another way Panerai can take some more money out of our pocke, sigh !
1. Given that the 339 is "just another Panerai made with special composite," please educate me regarding the prior "special composite" PAMs (ceramic being entirely different).

2. Panerai cannot take any money out of your pocket if you don't buy one.

Craig

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
1. Given that the 339 is "just another Panerai made with special composite," please educate me regarding the prior "special composite" PAMs (ceramic being entirely different).

2. Panerai cannot take any money out of your pocket if you don't buy one.

Craig
LOL! Relax, Craig. 339 isn't the greatest PAM to lots of risti guys including serious collectors and early adopters. Sean isn't talking down the brand or anything. As matter of fact, he is quite a serious PAM collector. Thumbs up to Panerai for creating new watch material. I love the brand, but definitely not feeling the new direction the company is going. I'm sure you know what i mean. Hope all is well with you man:)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

Craig
I agree. 339 is definitely the hottest "modern" PAM of the year.

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
having owned the 341 for a few weeks i can say that i have received 3 VERY healthy offers from some legitimate people. (2 from HK)

i ain't asking and it ain't fetching . . .
thats all im gonna say ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
having owned the 341 for a few weeks i can say that i have received 3 VERY healthy offers from some legitimate people. (2 from HK)

i ain't asking and it ain't fetching . . .
thats all im gonna say ;)

Very cool, even if you are not selling!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts