Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an IWC Pilot's Chronograph and SS GMT II, is the Rolex worth the extra couple grand over the IWC???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
No, only if you want to show off...

really, from my experience with the iwc..they have great great quality, and personaly i find them beautiful...

on the other hand i like some rolex like the sub or the gmt, but there are too much on the market..and althought most times (not the gold, only the ss) have good value i wouldnt buy one...

for example i was thinking about the sub which is 5k and 7k the new ceramic bezel... BUT you can take the equal 3k omega seamaster, or give some more (7-8K) and take an AP royal oak..or a vacheron overseas....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The IWC Pilot Chronograph looks like a really cool watch. It really depends on what you're looking for. I, personally, love my GMTIIc, and prefer it over nearly ANY chrono or cosmo. However, it's all subjective.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. i always said i would never buy a rolex b/c EVERYBODY has one, but i really love the SS GMT II with those green accents. well, when i figure it out, the pictures will show!!!

·
7,022 Posts
Totally subjective. The ONLY objective discussion has to involve resell value. I have no idea, but a quick search of several for sale sites should answer that question. Beyond that, it boils down to what piece you'd wear more often and be more satisfied with; which are subjective issues.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
No, only if you want to show off...
:confused::confused::confused:

honestly, your comments sometimes....really confuse me...

Rolex has one of the best customer service in the industry. When a customer sends a watch in for service, the turn around time is quick. Rolex makes durable watches which are great for daily use. Rolex is not here to make a Min Repeater, Tourbi, and Perp. Calendar. They are known to make the best sport, durable, easy to maintain, and good resale value watches.

Many non-watchguru type of people buy Rolex because they don't have enough knowledge in watches but are aware of the credibility Rolex provides thus they choose Rolex over other brands. For some people, choosing watch to buy is extremely difficult as there are so many options out there, so they narrow down to a trustworthy watchhouse.

I know you like to talk about Lange, VC, AP, PP in all the threads...like you know about watch industry so well. But to say owning a Rolex is to show off pretty much shows me you don't know much.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
i always said i would never buy a rolex b/c EVERYBODY has one, but i really love the SS GMT II with those green accents.
I guess you answered your own question. You "love" the green accents on the GMT Master II. I say buy what you "love." So what if many people have it. I go to Panerai GTG and see 50-100 Panerais on the table...and they all look identical...:lol::lol: Everyone has it;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
:confused::confused::confused:

honestly, your comments sometimes....really confuse me...

Rolex has one of the best customer service in the industry. When a customer sends a watch in for service, the turn around time is quick. Rolex makes durable watches which are great for daily use. Rolex is not here to make a Min Repeater, Tourbi, and Perp. Calendar. They are known to make the best sport, durable, easy to maintain, and good resale value watches.

Many non-watchguru type of people buy Rolex because they don't have enough knowledge in watches but are aware of the credibility Rolex provides thus they choose Rolex over other brands. For some people, choosing watch to buy is extremely difficult as there are so many options out there, so they narrow down to a trustworthy watchhouse.

I know you like to talk about Lange, VC, AP, PP in all the threads...like you know about watch industry so well. But to say owning a Rolex is to show off pretty much shows me you don't know much.
why did i confuse you? now really...rolex has everything good you said, i like pretty much the company, but for me that i cant buy much watches when it comes the dilema i m sure on vc or ap....but i insist it is the most show off watch brand...they make good watches but i can not compare them with the other brands you say i m only want to talk about...

So you should only be an haute horlogerie expert to talk about what i talk? should i talk about the function of annual perpertual or secular perpetual, talk about how a tourbillon works to prove something?
OR should i suggest more ''sophisticated'' watches like fpjourne.. scharz ettiene..roger dubuis? what?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'd say yes. but then again, my answer is biased because I own SS GMT IIc and I like it alot.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
why did i confuse you? now really...rolex has everything good you said, i like pretty much the company, but for me that i cant buy much watches when it comes the dilema i m sure on vc or ap....but i insist it is the most show off watch brand...they make good watches but i can not compare them with the other brands you say i m only want to talk about...

So you should only be an haute horlogerie expert to talk about what i talk? should i talk about the function of annual perpertual or secular perpetual, talk about how a tourbillon works to prove something?
OR should i suggest more ''sophisticated'' watches like fpjourne.. scharz ettiene..roger dubuis? what?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I love the custom rolex. I wear an explorer daily, and beat the shit out it. guess you can say im one of the few who really wear it

·
Registered
182 Posts
i love my GMT II, I've actually got more comments on my Rolex then my PAM. For daily use and for comfort I say go with Rolex. Buy what you like not what others think IMO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the input again!!! I just want something sporty and masculine. I have the 45.5 planet ocean right now w/the orange leather strap...I love the size, feel, and looks but I want a metal bracelet watch and I am looking for somewhere up to the $6k's. What ya'll think???

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Thanks for all the input again!!! I just want something sporty and masculine. I have the 45.5 planet ocean right now w/the orange leather strap...I love the size, feel, and looks but I want a metal bracelet watch and I am looking for somewhere up to the $6k's. What ya'll think???

All day over the pilot, unless its the Big Pilot ;)
nuff said

·
Registered
419 Posts
big pio or gmt are closer to what i'd think twice over. being as i have both. i can say the gmt gets a lot more wrist time

...... I go to Panerai GTG and see 50-100 Panerais on the table...and they all look identical...:lol::lol: Everyone has it;)
this is why you have to make sure your strap is that much more unique than the next guy on pams

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The only thing that nearly kills the sportiness of the GMTIIc is the PCLs. I think you should go for it. It's sporty, yet classy. Check out one of our sponsors on the right side of this thread. They'll give you a great deal on a fantastic watch. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts