Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my eye test at the DMV back in late October and they gave me a temporary and it's now expired as of yesterday.

Anyone else having issues getting their renewed licenses from the DMV in CA?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Same here. My wife has been waiting on hers for over a month.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I got my new one the day before my old one expired. I had been worried that it wasn't going to show up on time, so I went to the DMV for a temporary license, but didn't end up needing it. The DMV told me that because they redid the design, it was taking longer than expected to get out new licenses.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
yup... went to dmv beginning of November and still waiting. It sucks going to the bars wit that big ass piece of paper hahaha.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked my receipt and I completed this back on Oct. 14th and the temp. expired Sunday, Dec. 12th.

IF the delays are 90 days (possibly), that means I need to drive responsibly for another month. ;-)

Seriously, this is pretty stupid. I'm calling them at 8am today.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
The new design is crazy looking. Saw one the other day. Has all sorts of neat things.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I just got the notice in the mail, said I had to make an appointment. First opening they had was a month from now :eek:hwell:.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
there was a few miniute segmant on the news last night about the new licenses. They said since there is now a new design, they have had issues and mistakes on them which has created a very large back log.

·
5,744 Posts
I got mine quick. Every Place I go that asks for an ID stops to talk to me about "oh man you have a new one, they are crazy looking."

-Markus-

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
my girlfriend and her sister birthdays October 4,5 and they got them in early December!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called their 800 number... I tried their call-back waiting list (you leave a number and supposedly, it's queued in the order it was received.) I waited about 50 minutes... nothing. I left work afterwards.

Got home... nothing in the mail.... will call again Thur.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts