Luxury4Play.com banner

Is anyone on here a pilot?

28K views 131 replies 57 participants last post by  JapanManiac 
#1 ·
I'm relatively new to L4P and was wondering if theres any aviators on this forum.

Right now I'm 2 flights away from the Private checkride. I have 55 hours, 10 of which are PIC, 1.0 Simulated IMC, 2 Instrument approaches. Currently I'm flying a Cessna 172L out of Opa-Locka Airport in Miami, FL. I plan on getting my ratings through Commercial-Multi by the end of 2010.

#2 ·
PP-ASEL , Complex/High Performance Endorsements
Instrument check ride at the end of January. Commercial and Multi after that.
C210N Owner

#3 ·
Nice! I love 210's, I got the chance to sit in on some FLX flights, I plan on time building there before applying for Copa Airlines. How do you like flying out in Cali? I'd imagine it's alot funner than flying in flat, boring Florida.

#5 ·
I fly as a hobby so excuse my ignorance.
Time building while being paid? Wouldn't you want more multi-time if going commercial/121 flying? I guess this would help total time, but I think logging multi time would be more constructive.

#4 ·
VFR most of the year. :) Nothing wrong with flat, especially when flying single engine.

#8 ·
I wasn't getting paid. I was just friends with some people there. I didn't log the time either. As for multi-time, FLX has a couple Barons. So my plan would be to fly the 210's and wait for a Baron upgrade. Or just go fly for Airnet if hiring.

#10 ·
I'm a military pilot. Fly F/A-18c's out Miramar, CA. Have my civilian endorsements as well (multi-engine, commercial, instrument) I am actually looking to buy something like an Van's RV...Any suggestions?

#12 ·
I'm relatively new to L4P and was wondering if theres any aviators on this forum.

Right now I'm 2 flights away from the Private checkride. I have 55 hours, 10 of which are PIC, 1.0 Simulated IMC, 2 Instrument approaches. Currently I'm flying a Cessna 172L out of Opa-Locka Airport in Miami, FL. I plan on getting my ratings through Commercial-Multi by the end of 2010.
Same here :D
Seems like everyone is

#27 ·
I used to take lessons many moons ago. I have about 22 hours in a C152 and a few hours in my instructors Super Decathlon (now THAT was some fun flying!!) Also, I got to fly the AWACS for a few orbits while on deployment in Turkey just after the first Gulf War.

I'd LOVE to finish my PP cert one of these days when my kids are a little older.

#31 ·
Got my commercial, instrument, multi as well as my CFI/CFII
Sitting at just under the 1k mark and biding my time as an instructor for the University of North Dakota until I can get hired at a regional.
I really wouldnt do anything else for a job, yeah some day it does feel like a job but then you take off and all your problems and stresses wash away, until the student has to land anyways.

#34 · (Edited)
If I came across as condescending believe me it was not intended to be that way. I really enjoy working for UND the only down side is the bitter grand forks winters.
We have won the aerobatics trophies the last two years and the flight team and won the SAFECON championship this last season. Curious to see how it will play out this coming year because we have lost a lot of the people on the team from last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.