Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a pilot. I hold my Private, instrument, commercial and CFI for single engine. I also have a multiengine rating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have my private license for helicopters, it's been a while since I've flown though, hopefully I will get back to flying though now that I am done with college.

·
Registered
73 Posts
getting my private right now, have been around planes since I had diapers; my dad got his license at 16 and immersed me into aviation from birth.
I been thinking about getting my license but too afraid to go up in a Cessna 152/172. Seems like you will get bounced around a lot in that little plane

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
I been thinking about getting my license but too afraid to go up in a Cessna 152/172. Seems like you will get bounced around a lot in that little plane
Just don't purposely fly through storm clouds while trying to barrell roll the 172 :laugh: (stupid but funny when an F-16 fighter pilot trys it)
You can beat a 172 to hell... I trust it. :)
Respect the plane and it will not fail you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to take lessons many moons ago. I have about 22 hours in a C152 and a few hours in my instructors Super Decathlon (now THAT was some fun flying!!) Also, I got to fly the AWACS for a few orbits while on deployment in Turkey just after the first Gulf War.

I'd LOVE to finish my PP cert one of these days when my kids are a little older.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Got my commercial, instrument, multi as well as my CFI/CFII
Sitting at just under the 1k mark and biding my time as an instructor for the University of North Dakota until I can get hired at a regional.
I really wouldnt do anything else for a job, yeah some day it does feel like a job but then you take off and all your problems and stresses wash away, until the student has to land anyways.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Saleenfan,

It could be worse. You could be in Nimot or... So if you are instraucting at UND how is the flight team doing in NIFA competition?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Saleenfan,

It could be worse. You could be in Nimot or... So if you are instraucting at UND how is the flight team doing in NIFA competition?
If I came across as condescending believe me it was not intended to be that way. I really enjoy working for UND the only down side is the bitter grand forks winters.
We have won the aerobatics trophies the last two years and the flight team and won the SAFECON championship this last season. Curious to see how it will play out this coming year because we have lost a lot of the people on the team from last year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Private and Commercial pilot with instrument for single and multi. At 331 Total Time right now and DYING to find 169 more hours! Not quite ready for the CFIs right now.

Anyone looking to hire a part time pilot?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably not a bad topic for my first post.

I'm an aircraft owner and pilot--own and fly a Cessna 172, RV8, currently refurbishing a Taylorcraft and have a deposit in for a Lancair Legacy that we'll begin building around this time next year, starting up in Oregon at the factory with their builder's assist program. Will have to stop there as our hangar will not hold any more planes. Other choice is to go back to work full time so I can afford a second hangar. Don't think I want to do that.

Isn't artherd the CEO of some new payment transaction service? Wondering what he flies. The biz GA world has really changed in the past three years and you're seeing a lot of kerosene burners for sale. Not a bad way to get around if you can afford all that goes with them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would love to see some pics of what you guys fly. This is something that I have been looking at getting into.
Ok, first plane ... 1968 Cherokee 180D. GREAT plane for a first time owner. Capable, simple, cheap (relatively) to operate and maintain. 1/3 owner in a partnership.

Current, 1965 Mooney M20C. No where near a simple as the Cherokee, more maintenance, but 20 - 30 knots faster on the same fuel burn. 1/4 owner in a partnership.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
@ TexasFlyer

Either buying them or managing them. I would love to get a small business started just housing, maintaining and preping those aircraft for flights.

21 - 40 of 132 Posts