Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to L4P and was wondering if theres any aviators on this forum.

Right now I'm 2 flights away from the Private checkride. I have 55 hours, 10 of which are PIC, 1.0 Simulated IMC, 2 Instrument approaches. Currently I'm flying a Cessna 172L out of Opa-Locka Airport in Miami, FL. I plan on getting my ratings through Commercial-Multi by the end of 2010.

·
Registered
729 Posts
PP-ASEL , Complex/High Performance Endorsements
Instrument check ride at the end of January. Commercial and Multi after that.
C210N Owner

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I love 210's, I got the chance to sit in on some FLX flights, I plan on time building there before applying for Copa Airlines. How do you like flying out in Cali? I'd imagine it's alot funner than flying in flat, boring Florida.

·
Registered
729 Posts
VFR most of the year. :) Nothing wrong with flat, especially when flying single engine.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice! I love 210's, I got the chance to sit in on some FLX flights, I plan on time building there before applying for Copa Airlines. How do you like flying out in Cali? I'd imagine it's alot funner than flying in flat, boring Florida.
I fly as a hobby so excuse my ignorance.
Time building while being paid? Wouldn't you want more multi-time if going commercial/121 flying? I guess this would help total time, but I think logging multi time would be more constructive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't getting paid. I was just friends with some people there. I didn't log the time either. As for multi-time, FLX has a couple Barons. So my plan would be to fly the 210's and wait for a Baron upgrade. Or just go fly for Airnet if hiring.

·
Registered
570 Posts
had my commercial since about 2006. worked as a CFI/II for a while then got hired into the crj-200 at a regional for about a year until i was furloughed. love flying but hate the industry.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm a military pilot. Fly F/A-18c's out Miramar, CA. Have my civilian endorsements as well (multi-engine, commercial, instrument) I am actually looking to buy something like an Van's RV...Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
I'm relatively new to L4P and was wondering if theres any aviators on this forum.

Right now I'm 2 flights away from the Private checkride. I have 55 hours, 10 of which are PIC, 1.0 Simulated IMC, 2 Instrument approaches. Currently I'm flying a Cessna 172L out of Opa-Locka Airport in Miami, FL. I plan on getting my ratings through Commercial-Multi by the end of 2010.
Same here :D
Seems like everyone is

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to get my PP but it's just so much money right now. I took an introductory flight where I got to take off fly around and land, I feel more in love with flying. Hour cuts hurt so until i'm back to working full time again it's on hold.

·
Registered
447 Posts
getting my private right now, have been around planes since I had diapers; my dad got his license at 16 and immersed me into aviation from birth.

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
ive flown a Grob Tutor

A Grob Vigilant

and i Got Solo time in a Grob Viking

Im not a pilot all this was done whilst in Air Cadets

1 - 20 of 132 Posts