Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at picking up something cheap as a daily driver. My Bro-In-Law has a 535xi and it has a nice ride. Im looking at 2008 CPO cars <50K miles sub $30k, carries a warranty until 2013 which is about when I will probably dump it. This one is close to me, might go look at it next week.
Used 2008 BMW 535 xi For Sale | Marlow Heights MD

·
Registered
330 Posts
The N54 platform is very stout, fun to drive... The only common issue (I know of) would be the HPFP but that's covered with all N54's up to 100k miles I believe..

Nice 5 - Ugly wheels.. lol..

·
14,490 Posts
nice wheels lol, get m5 you can get them for less than 50k miles for right around 30
I'll have to agree with him here. M5s have dropped in price greatly. Might as well get one instead of a normal E60 5-series.

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys....I just bought a house and may have a baby on the way so I need to keep it below $30K and CPO which nixes out the M5. I dont need to go fast with this car, I will pick up a 996tt or 997tt in a couple of years for speed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
535i is a solid sedan except the HPFP problems from the N54 engine, but as the other posts pointed out the FP is covered for 100k.

If you just want a grocery getter, maybe you should check out a 3er sedan. As far as cabin size goes i don't think the 5er is much bigger.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My 2008 335i has had 3 HPFP and on Saturday went into limp mode while I was doing 90 in the left lane on the NYS thruway(HPFP#4 on the way). Fun powerplant but I would get something else.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Since you plan to dump it by 2013 or so, why not consider leasing a new one? You'll get the N55 engine (if i'm not mistaked) it's bigger (inside and out) and better (redesigned from head to toe) and you won't have to worry about maintenance at at.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If everyone is having these problems with the fuel pumps.... I dont understand why one wouldnt put in a after market pump to fix the problem... or is it being zapped by electrical issues????????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts