Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
For those of you who have built houses this large and larger, are mechanical coordination drawings (duct, pipe, electrical) required/recommended? Or do the GCs just plan it out on a napkin?

·
Registered
257 Posts
For those of you who have built houses this large and larger, are mechanical coordination drawings (duct, pipe, electrical) required/recommended? Or do the GCs just plan it out on a napkin?
Definitely required. A large section of prints are usually dedicated to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and civals. When you're dealing with pipes and ducts intersecting, the elevations and locations need to be planned very well out or it's a mess.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Definitely required. A large section of prints are usually dedicated to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and civals. When you're dealing with pipes and ducts intersecting, the elevations and locations need to be planned very well out or it's a mess.
You'd be surprised. It depends on what the city requires, and the architect. I would definitely say it should be done on a project like this.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
We got tons of dirt coming in truck trailers that's being compacted on the side of the hill. I took some pics and vids yesterday.. I'll post them after I get back from concorso..

·
Registered
257 Posts
You'd be surprised. It depends on what the city requires, and the architect. I would definitely say it should be done on a project like this.
It's getting worse in our area. My Dad talks about 30 years ago when a builder he knew drew the plans on a 2X4 scrap and got the permit. Now it's crazy how much they require in the way of plans and info. Takes longer to plan, get the permit, pay the fees and make the city happy than it does to build anymore.

We got tons of dirt coming in truck trailers that's being compacted on the side of the hill. I took some pics and vids yesterday.. I'll post them after I get back from concorso..
This is my line of work, so I'm excited to see these pics.

41 - 60 of 322 Posts