Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A co-worker showed me invictashark.com this morning and has orderd a couple from there.

Todays deal is rediculously low and I know a few others on this site swear by invictas as solid pieces. Is this worth $60?

(yes i know it isn't $12234324234) But this I can actually afford! And it really would just be a beat around watch.

If so, I might pick a couple up for Christmas gifts!

Thanks in advance guys! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Never bought one, but heard it was a decent quality watch. FYI- don't need to spend $12234324234 in order to get a solid watch. I just got myself a lum-tec and Love it. Its only 60 bucks, if you don't like it once received send it as a X-mas gift. Win Win, good luck

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
i think you have the part about many people swearing by them wrong. swearing about them, yes....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha well Maybe only 1 or 2. Ether way I just pulled the trigger on it. So we shall see what is it like when it gets here. For 60 bones, it's worth a shot right? (just say yes, so I don't feel dumb here)

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have to agree with Mikey on this one sorry.... No you do not have to spend crazy to get a nice watch.... But if you come to a watch enthusiasts forum and ask for approval on a 60 dollar invicta you most likely will not get it.

If you like it buy it.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
If you personally don't have anything against "Invicta" than it will most certainly be a good deal for $60.

If you're like me, and "hate" the brand, then you can't look down and see their logo on your wrist for any amount of $.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to agree with Mikey on this one sorry.... No you do not have to spend crazy to get a nice watch.... But if you come to a watch enthusiasts forum and ask for approval on a 60 dollar invicta you most likely will not get it.

If you like it buy it.
I suppose I agree. Sorry I'll try to bump up my watch swagger before posting again. I do like the lum-tecs and really 500ish is reasonable for me. So give me some time and I'll step it up. :eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
I suppose I agree. Sorry I'll try to bump up my watch swagger before posting again. I do like the lum-tecs and really 500ish is reasonable for me. So give me some time and I'll step it up. :eek:
Not trying to be rude there are just certain brands that people here are very negative about. If you are looking for sub 100s or around that range.. G shock is an excellent watch and a great daily...

If 400-500ish is your range then there are some great Lum-tecs and Hamiltons out there to be had and are really well respected.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries man. I'm on here all day and I see the stuff that gets posted. I should have known better. Just thought i found a deal. But, eh I'll keep searching...

Ha pehaps this thread should be deleted to avoid any further....thoughts. Ha

·
10,594 Posts
Agree with most of the comments made, especially silvElise, but I will add, aside from the G Shocks or similar, if your budget is $60 for a new watch it doesn't really matter too much what you get as this $60 watch is probably better than most $60 watches if not simply for the main reason that you like it. And if it last you a year than you did pretty good in my book.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i piss away 60 on shit i dont even remember...

the watch doesnt look that bad...and the most important thing...if you like it...thats all that should matter.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HA thanks guys, I did get it, but still..I'll monitor myself on futer posts in a watch lover's forum!

It will be the work on the car and workout watch :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
HA thanks guys, I did get it, but still..I'll monitor myself on futer posts in a watch lover's forum!

It will be the work on the car and workout watch :)
Check out some automatic Seikos on Ebay. They're not the most accurate(most of the time, due to not being about to wind the watch by the crown), but they look great, they're large enough for a man's wrist, and they have an automatic movement. I think I've seen a few in the mid $100 range. Not a fan of the brand or watch you purchased, but you like, wear it and be proud.:)

·
7,022 Posts
Agree with most of the comments made, especially silvElise, but I will add, aside from the G Shocks or similar, if your budget is $60 for a new watch it doesn't really matter too much what you get as this $60 watch is probably better than most $60 watches if not simply for the main reason that you like it. And if it last you a year than you did pretty good in my book.
Check Sal for a fever. This is almost a positive remark regarding Invicta. And I figured Orlando would have something to say as well.

·
10,594 Posts
Check Sal for a fever. This is almost a positive remark regarding Invicta. And I figured Orlando would have something to say as well.
I know. I really make a concerted effort to stay away from threads that contain this particular brand or threads involving watches that cost the price of lunch or maybe the price of a pair of cashmere socks :). I just kinda feel obligated when i see the advice being given these days.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Wearing an invicta is like driving a kit car. Buy a g-shock instead, its 1000000x better and you won't attract the unwanted attention.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Invicta? No thanks, take the $60 play RED on the roulette table. Profit and purchase a Seiko, Citizen, Orient, or even get REAL ballsy and play RED again. Easiest way to turn $60 into $240.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts