Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Odd question and I know it likely doesn't have much, if any, investment potential. Likely only in mint condition with Very low mileage.

Anyway, what are your guys thoughts?

Example I'm considering is White, E-Gear, 2010, 4K miles

·
Registered
509 Posts
I believe that Balboni edition is among the few that worth Gallardo editions. If you find a manual one buy it asap! Definitely a keeper.
Go for it :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
the desirability of the superleggera out weights the 250 production of the balboni, which is essentially a base, base gallardo, being 6 spd and only rwd that they call a special edition. Check out an 08 SL w ceramics for around 140. Certainly it is done depreciating since they have hovered there for more than 2 yrs.

Reactions: A.D

·
Registered
595 Posts
True, but the balboni captures the essence of lamborghini being rwd and manual. Frankly the balboni, superleggera and the super trofeo will all be investment potential, but at a MUCH later stage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Balboni - 1 year production/250 tribute to Valentino Balboni...
STS - numbered to /150
Squadra Corsa - swan song; the LAST of the GALLARDOS as we know it before the "OO RA CAN" comes out...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would love to get an orange Balboni limited edition ... just because I've talked to Valentino Balboni numerous times and spent some great dinners with him and his wife listening to the stories ... he's a really nice guy and so open about everything.

being an investment opportunity ... I'm not too sure ... if you want a rear wheel drive Gallardo the LP550-2 has been available as a regular production version later on, both as a Coupé and as a Spyder ... heck even the 50th Anniversary limited edition model was rear wheel drive only, albeit with 560hp.

Personally I would think a Performante would be more interesting or the limited edition STS or Squadra Corse ... but I'm not really a fan of the new 'triangular' styling on the Squadra Corse ... a red STS or a white Performante on the other hand would be nice. (don't really like the red details on the Edizione Tecnica either, sorry)

But in the end I would get an LP550-2 Balboni special ... just because it is linked to Valentino, not for being a investment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been thinking on it - The NZ market is very different to the US market. Our Superleggeras if they come up for sale are still $220K+ whereas this Balboni is $200K. For the record, there are only TWO in New Zealand. One has just sold, I'm looking at the better example (6K Kms rather than 30K Kms), White, E-GEAR!! :(

Both the NZ ones are e-gear

I think that if I buy it for 200K, don't drive it, sell it in 5 years for $350k if i'm lucky.... I'd rather pay the $150K loss and enjoy driving it. If I want a return I'll buy property. Thanks for your input everyone but I think I was silly on this question :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Investment compared to what? I never see it on track to appreciate 5-8% a year. Much better investments out there.

Reactions: Liquid Assets
1 - 10 of 10 Posts