Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a couple of questions for fellow forum members concerning interior cleanup and repair (sort of).

I a medium parchment colored leather and it has a considerable amount of buildup on in it. I know that its likely that I won't be able to get it all off, but what can I use to cut the dirt down and give it a better shine?

Secondly, my black stereo trim is starting to peel and I can see the green backlight that lights the letters and numbers more than i want to. What would be used to corect this? Interior touch-up paint? If so what kind? If pics are needed to assess the situation then let me know

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Secondly, my black stereo trim is starting to peel and I can see the green backlight that lights the letters and numbers more than i want to. What would be used to corect this? Interior touch-up paint? If so what kind? If pics are needed to assess the situation then let me know
If it is very bad the easiest way may be ebay. Guessing by your user name that it is a mustang. A lot of people replace there factory stereos, so you can pick one up on ebay at a reasonable price. Even better is to contact a few dealers and ask if they have any radios which do not work that have repleced under warrenty. get one that don't work from them (or a stereo shop like Al and Eds) then take the radio apart and replace just the plastic cover. its really easier then you think. Maybe the guys at Al and Eds will chime in on this post with some advice.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
I can only comment on the leather bit (late for class already)

Check out a product called Nourish, by Prima Car Care. Should be what your looking for. I've also had good luck with Lexol in the past.
Nourish is great (I use and sell it) but if you have a lot of buildup, I would suggest a treatment with Leatherique Rejuvinator first. Apply it to the leather and let it bake in the sun for a day or so.

Then get a bucket of warm water and some small towels/microfibers and a leather brush and some Leatherique Prestine Clean. Spray on the Prestine Clean, scrub with the brush to release some of the dirt, and then wipe off with a wrung out towel that has been in the warm water.

Do that about twice a year and then maintain with Prima Nourish when you do quick details on the car (maybe once a month or so) and your leather will last for a very long time!

D!

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I have good luck with Lexol cleaner(orange) and Lexol conditioner(brown) and then deep condition with Connelly Hide Care about once a month when I have the Liquid Glass finish refreshed...I have also used a "Sharpie" permanent marker for some problems such as you described (more control than a paint pen) but test it on small area first as it can look a bit purple on some surfaces.

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
I want to tell you that cleaning the salon and caring for the salon is a very interesting issue and I really like to clean the salon. When car interior dressing, namely when caring for a plastic panel and leather, I use the instructions Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing and I I managed to take Fortador Leather Vinyl Trim from this article for protecting and conditioning leather, which works very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts