Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been posting a year-end summary wrist time stats for the past 2 years so I figured I'd do the same for 2013. For those who don't know, I basically keep a daily record of my wrist time (which watch is on my wrist and for how long).

For 2013, here are a few interesting stats...

From my WEEKEND group, these were the top 5.
1) IWC Ingenieur Plastiki, 14.06%
2) Rolex Sub LVc, 10.61%
3) Rolex GMT-IIc, 10.61%
4) Bell & Ross 01-92 CF, 10.36%
5) Panerai PAM 183, 7.40%

From my PANERAI group, in order of most to least wrist time.
1) PAM 183, 27%
2) PAM 233, 26%
3) PAM 305, 26%
4) PAM 416, 21%

From my ROLEX group, in order of most to least wrist time.
1) Sub LVc, 34%
2) GMT-IIc, 34%
3) Daytona, 20%
4) DJ, 12%

From my B&R group, in order of most to least wrist time.
1) 01-96, 34%
2) 02-92, 30%
3) 01-97, 25%
4) 01-92, 11%

TOP 3 wrist time overall.
1) Bell & Ross 01-96, 13.45%
2) Bell $ Ross 02-92, 11.84%
3) Seiko Land Monster, 10.54%

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Cool idea! I only have two watches that i ever wear though and they get switched out every other day. Mine would be Lum-tec 50% and Ori 50% :lol:

·
7,022 Posts
^lol
stats like these may be helpful when deciding to sell/trade pieces. Brian, do you use these stats when you find another grail and need to sell one from your current collection?

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^lol
stats like these may be helpful when deciding to sell/trade pieces. Brian, do you use these stats when you find another grail and need to sell one from your current collection?
I use it mainly to see what watches I wear more, then I try to give the other watches more wrist time to even it out. Plus it is kinda fun to review the data every once in a while.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I'm actually curious as to how you track this, spreadsheet, piece of paper, custom encrypted database on a stand alone offshore server? I honestly wouldn't have the discipline to do this but it's a neat metric especially for someone with more than a few watches.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think this is a pretty unique idea but I have a few questions...

1. What is your major contributing factor when choosing a watch from the lineup?
2. How often do you check your numbers in the spreadsheet? I'd be afraid if it was me I'd find myself checking it too often and wearing a watch maybe i dont want to, to bump up my numbers haha
3. Has your gathered info proven to be helpful when it comes time to sell one of your pieces?

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this is a pretty unique idea but I have a few questions...

1. What is your major contributing factor when choosing a watch from the lineup?
2. How often do you check your numbers in the spreadsheet? I'd be afraid if it was me I'd find myself checking it too often and wearing a watch maybe i dont want to, to bump up my numbers haha
3. Has your gathered info proven to be helpful when it comes time to sell one of your pieces?
1) It is based on what I feel like wearing, where I'm going, what I'm wearing, and/or if I haven't worn something for a while.
2) I update the numbers almost every day (otherwise I might forget what I wore a few days ago). I checked them whenever I have time just to see how the spread is.
3) I don't necessarily use the info to determine which ones to sell, since many of the less worn pieces have sentimental value and will never be sold. I use it mainly to see what I've been wearing more of (consciously or unconsciously) and I try to even out the love. It is also fun to see what brands/models get more time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts