Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already created a post concerning the pre-purchase knowledge I should be aware of before buying an E46 M3. The only change is that I want to buy..ASAP, and I'm willing to offer a reward to anyone who helps me do so.

If there is anyone that is a dealer, knows one, or has access to cars for sale that I cannot/ have not found on Autotrader /ebay /Craigslist, I could really use the help. I would gladly award someone with a bonus if they connected me with a car that I decided to purchase. This "reward" will be worked out at a later date, but is absolutely guaranteed.

The only parameters I have for purchase are that the car be a 6 MT, have maintenance records, and have all factory-issued recalls/ recommended maintenance taken care of (i.e. fixed subframe, working window regulators, functional cooling system, reliable/ repaired/ VANOS system, and lastly acceptable/ replaced bushings.) All other options hold very little value to me.

I live in Northern New York, so I don't have access to a BMW Dealership easily.... but I would be more than willing to travel to pick up the vehicle.... assuming it is as advertised.

Any helpful direction will be awarded.. assuming that it leads to the purchase of a vehicle...

Disregarding karma... consider this post to have the same terms as the "cop killer" ads you see everywhere. In other words, any information leading to the acquisition of an E46 automobile will be rewarded.

Thanks!
Stizzy

·
Registered
419 Posts
Check out EAG LINK They have a history of being the place to go for meticulously cared for cars in the BMW community.

·
14,490 Posts
I have a friend who has a 2006 vert E46 with 40k miles on it hill sell. He's never tracked it or anything and it was a daily driver less then half the time. But it's not going to be cheap in the condition it is. He just had his vanos replaced by the dealer and it's a 6spd manual so no worries about shitty SMG pump.

·
Registered
419 Posts
SMG pump failure is not nearly as common as the forums make it seem. I've had several SMG E46Ms over the years, not one of them had a single pump failure (salmon relays poping yes, but no real issues).

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you don't mind traveling a short distance, call coventry motor cars Welcome - Coventry Motorcar in CT. They have two e46 m3's right now, one vert one coupe, both SMG though :( The guys there are cool though and they can find whatever you're looking for pretty quick. One year they found me 3 different e46 m3's, all 6 speed. If you want I can get you a direct contact there.

Luxury Autos of Great Neck, NY usually has e46 m3's in stock too. I think they're the biggest re-seller of them in North America. The guys there are straight dick heads, but if you're in a jam, they might be your best bet.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts