Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all...
Most of the people in my community drive tricked out golf carts....I didnt have the space in my garage to park a cart, so this is what I bought to scoot around my 'hood.
Its an 06' Honda Ruckus with a Gy6 180 big bored Mikuni slider carb, etc etc.... Good for about 65-70 mph. Nothing crazy but really fun to ride around on. lol
Pardon the wires and the dust....I'm trying to figure out where to mount my Navi.
Last one is my friends Ruck...I think he was featured in Cycle Path Magazine and a few others...Basically the same setup but his is pimped out.
Anyone here have one?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The rukus is like a cult following(in a good way)

they amount of mods, and aftermarket support is crazy!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In South Africa at the moment but moving to South Florida next month
I think these are perfect for city dwellers as its small enough to cut inbetween cars, and you can park it easily. It gets a surprising amount of attention...More so than any car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rukus is like a cult following(in a good way)

they amount of mods, and aftermarket support is crazy!
Mike,
A fellow rider from CA was just out in Chi Town, and he said he saw alot of them out there. Like I said...they are perfect for the city...Just make sure you lock that bad boy up...They get jacked quite a bit too!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Mike,
A fellow rider from CA was just out in Chi Town, and he said he saw alot of them out there. Like I said...they are perfect for the city...Just make sure you lock that bad boy up...They get jacked quite a bit too!
this is no joke. they have rides all the time. you will see upwards of 50-200 scooters together. I have a little 150cc that i cruise around on, but now with the snow, its getting the 210cc upgrade. Gotta love the gy6 as you well know.

But yeah, its not only scooters here. its anything. there was a big gto theft ring as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's not a bad deal considering all the mods included. Ca roads are wayyy too fast for me when I was a stock 50cc...It was frickin scary at times. Problem is when u buy all those 50 mods individually, most of them are useless if and when you upgrade to gy6... I like to be able to cruise at 55+ and with the big bore it gets there fast.
Good find!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I have a ruckus if anyone wants one to deck out... it is a 2007 model, stock, and not running... i got it from a kid that tore it up bad. his parents gave it to me to fix and never paid for parts...

Anyone interested send me a PM. I am in clemson, and the bike is in myrtle beach, but we can arrange somethign

·
Registered
592 Posts
I picked up a Yamaha Zuma 125 the other week and love the damn thing. Will post some pics. Got the Yoshi Pipe, Variator and upgraded Clutch. It'll hit 70 with enough real estate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts