Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, we did a run through Glendora Mountains in October with a slew of M5's.....it was so much fun, I'd like to do a 2nd one and open it up to all car enthusiasts...so please join in.

This time we will start off at Starbucks at 9 a.m......there is a large parking lot in that plaza.

1832 E Route 66 # A
Glendora, CA 91740-3804
(626) 857-1879

We'll admire the cars, grab some coffee, and plan on running the Glendora Mtns. around 10 a.m. I'll provide a map of the run.

We'll finish up in Claremont/Upland where we can grab some lunch and download....see you guys there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qoX7i8amU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTLL3gYHFkA

1. plastique999
2. 4side
3. Jspin
4. JT///M5
5. Tiger
6. Red Camaro
7. ykjones
8. Brett
9. wxl1988 (tentative; need alignment and corner balance)
10. Jeremy (aka Scaremy)
11. Revo (maybe)
12. GTR x 2 (maybe)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Bummer. Will be in Vegas for a Bachelor party that weekend. I live right at the base of Baldy in Claremont. :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats my playground!

If anyone plans on going there before the run P.M me, might go there tonight actually!

1. plastique999
2. 4side
3. Jspin
4. JT///M5
5. Tiger
6. Red Camaro
7. ykjones
8. Brett
9. wxl1988 (tentative; need alignment and corner balance)
10. Jeremy (aka Scaremy)
11. Revo (maybe)
12. GTR x 2 (maybe)
13. Khyber

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!...it'll be nice to have some P cars join us!

·
Registered
248 Posts
question, I heard of a ///M run near GMR from a couple Mfest guys, same one?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Sounds Great! I can't commit yet, but it sounds like a blast!

Are you running GMR up across sunset peak and down Baldy Mtn Rd into Mills?

Where is "lunch" I highly recommend The Buffalo Inn, right off Foothill, great outdoor atmosphere and a ton of fun. Legends is cool for just hanging out, right off Mountain and Baseline.

You're literally in my backyard :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds Great! I can't commit yet, but it sounds like a blast!

Are you running GMR up across sunset peak and down Baldy Mtn Rd into Mills?

Where is "lunch" I highly recommend The Buffalo Inn, right off Foothill, great outdoor atmosphere and a ton of fun. Legends is cool for just hanging out, right off Mountain and Baseline.

You're literally in my backyard :D
Running up Glendora Mtn road and heading east towards Glend Ridge Rd and down Mt Baldy, yes.

Open to suggestions for lunch .... somewhere that has room for a lot of cars after the run.

Join us if you can!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is the video in azusa canyon ?.......and i would go if i had a car but im poor =/
All car enthusiasts welcome!

Vid is up at Glendora mtn rd

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Running up Glendora Mtn road and heading east towards Glend Ridge Rd and down Mt Baldy, yes.

Open to suggestions for lunch .... somewhere that has room for a lot of cars after the run.

Join us if you can!
If you go to Buffalo, you can park across the street at Hub Cap Annie's where they have plenty of parking there for about twenty or so cars. I can let my buddy know that you'll be there but he won't care as he is closed on Saturday.

There's also a new Legends down Central that has a HUGE parking lot for as many cars as you want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ill probably go on this run, considering I live in Upland. For lunch Im suggesting Espiau's in the Claremont village, or the 2nd St bar in downtown.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
count me in, but i dont know whether to take the Gallardo or the 700hp cts-v coupe....

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hmm, I can make it. BUT, my question is, since I only have my truck in SD, can it handle arun like this???

·
5,744 Posts
Hmm, I can make it. BUT, my question is, since I only have my truck in SD, can it handle arun like this???
Since I live 100yrds from the bottom of GMR, and have done it often, yes it can. My buddy and I did this run quite quickly, probably too quickly, in a Ford Ranger.

Just be smart, and know the limits of what you're driving. GMR has some tight off camber turns that catch some people off guard. Gravel and dirt on the road can be a PITA too.

-Markus-

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks Markus. I've driven in a few curvy canyons before, and know the capabilities of the truck, just don't like to be taken by surprise...especially by a cliff. ;)

Well, looks I will be coming down, I'll take up the rear of the pack...

·
Registered
248 Posts
So the Porsche is sold and I got a M5, lol, another ///M to the list and I didn't buy it just for this run, ahahaha

1 - 20 of 101 Posts