Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here live in a highrise in SF?

Know anyone looking to rent a unit in one of the buildings? I'm currently on the hunt.

I'm looking for feedback on One Rincon Hill, The Inifinity, Four Seasons, and Milennium Towers. I would love to hear what you guys know/have to say.

Right now Infinity and four Seasons are the front-runners. I'd love to consider Milennium a top pick too but there aren't any 1 bedroms available right now from what I know.

Do you suggest I look at any other buildings?

I welcome all input!

Thanks in Advance!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
My family has owned units in many of these building and others. We have condos in sf towers, four season, one rincon and st. regis. What questions do you have?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i say the HOAs make them terribly prohibitive.

if you live in 1 Rincoln, do not expect to get in, or out, of your house from 4-6pm every day - it's pretty much an impossible location traffic-wise thanks to the bridge entrances. Infinity can be just as bad during the weekdays.

millenium - get a super discount b/c they just aren't selling

i live very close to Infinity and it's a perfect location imo - walk to Ferry Bldg/market, baseball games, hop on a bus across the street (yes, i know this is L4P), and close enough to water to see it.

- chuck

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked at all the buildings before back when I was considering buying. At this point I'm in the rental market.

Amenity wise the Infinity has a great gym and an indoor pool. I however haven't been able to find a unit I like in my price range yet.

The place I looked at in the Four Seasons was AMAZING. I would take in a heart beat, except it doesn't have parking, and valet is an additional $500 which pushes it out of my price range. If I could find someone with an unused spot there or who doesnt use their valet priviliges and would offer them at a reduced rate, I would sign the lease Today. The other downside it the gym is SPorts Club LA, which is nice, but doesn't come included with the unit either. But that I can handle.

Thanks for the input chuck!

Wikkd: Based on what I said above do you have any input from experience? Any suggestions on how to remedy my parking issue? Really appreciate it!!!

Phil

·
Registered
738 Posts
^Parking is always a pain in the ass. I know our units in four seasons are highly coveted because of the valet. You could find one of the garages nearby and get a monthly pass? However, that might also be cost prohibitive or just simply, a pain in the ass, as you have to walk to get your car out. I think the four seasons is the best building in SF, at least in that area, given the amenities, layout, location, etc... I will ask around to see if anyone is willing to let their parking privileges, but I wouldn't count on it. You ever look at SF Towers? Right across from the ballpark, amenities are pretty good, though the gym isn't great and nowhere near L.A.'s!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Parking is always a pain in the ass. I know our units in four seasons are highly coveted because of the valet. You could find one of the garages nearby and get a monthly pass? However, that might also be cost prohibitive or just simply, a pain in the ass, as you have to walk to get your car out. I think the four seasons is the best building in SF, at least in that area, given the amenities, layout, location, etc... I will ask around to see if anyone is willing to let their parking privileges, but I wouldn't count on it. You ever look at SF Towers? Right across from the ballpark, amenities are pretty good, though the gym isn't great and nowhere near L.A.'s!
Thanks for the insight and the offer to ask about parking!

My girlfriend has two sets of friends who live in the Towers. We havent gone to check them out yet, but have heard good things.

I loved the Four Seasons and could easily see myself living there. Now just have to solve my parking issue!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
when i was looking in the 4 Seasons/downtown-ish area, parking was always valet-only. that's an immediate "sorry, not interested" from me.

i've sent you a PM...

- chuck

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
valet only

- chuck
there's a parking garage right next to it that i used to use. also was a 430 down below outside of valet... was a nice building. great views but expensive and tiny. oh and on the lower floors they have some subsidized housing, but overall real nice.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
there's a parking garage right next to it that i used to use. also was a 430 down below outside of valet... was a nice building. great views but expensive and tiny. oh and on the lower floors they have some subsidized housing, but overall real nice.

i nearly moved in, was about to hand them my check, and he happened to mention "valet parking only." *never* thought to ask - i would have been sooooo completely pissed had i not known - 10 seconds from disaster.

- chuck

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the input everyone! Pulled the trigger on a nice big 1BR in The Infinity. Ms. JerzyH2 isn't into being too high up, so we picked a 12th floor unit with an amazing view of the Bay/Bridge. Would have loved to do Four Seasons, but the parking situation made it prohibative!

Can't wait for the L4P House Warming Party!!!!

New View

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
congrats - i have a 3 o'clock view to your 9 o'clock - you're gonna love the sunrises - some amazing colors that way

- chuck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts