Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about planes but currently interested in purchasing a business plane.

Based on what I've read on the net Im leaning towards a turbo prop seems more economical.

Will be used twice a week, short trips about 1-2 hrs max in distance, 5-8 passengers excluding pilots

Local support / maintenance is a must. (bombardier has local maintenance) Lowest maintenance costs is preferred

Want to buy new or slightly used.

Suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advance

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not too familiar with Indonesia laws regarding planes, but in America, when an individual/corporation buys a plane, they usually use a broker and a lawyer to handle the transaction and most people put planes in a separate LLC as well. For your needs you put 1-2 hrs max distance, that is difficult to determine distance because a turbo prop travels are around 300 mph and a jet around 500 mph once they reach cruising altitude.

The 5 to 8 passengers puts you out of most proper planes, except for King Air 350 or a Cessna Caravan. You could consider the Piaggio Avanti which seats max 7 or Pilatus max 6 in executive.

If you go with a jet you need a fairly large plane like Citation XLS, Gulfstream G200, Challenger 600, Hawker 800 or Lear 45.

You need to have a lot more information about your needs and while cost is a considerable aspect, people who buy/use private planes put it low on the list, because private air travel is expensive and used mainly to provide convenience and privacy.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
all of my family have circulated around the King Air Super 200. Would highly recommend. It is used for 1-3 distances. Just used around southeast usa

Reactions: lolque

·
Registered
335 Posts
I echo the king air/superking air comments. apart from a King air C90/100 you will have no problem with the passenger load and the relatively short hop.
I find it kind of funny that a design that came out in the 60's is still one of the best options out there. Guess it goes to show if you do it right it will last the test of time.

Reactions: Sir Robbins

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok maintenance cost is not an issue but definitely nearby or reliable maintenance is.

like the sounds of the king air what year? want something newer circa 2010-12.

price point is going to below a Piaggio Avanti. max of 5.

also when someone says seats 6 does that include the pilot seats?

definitely going to research any local brokers now.

thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Newer in the aviation world means like 2003-2007. New would be 2010-2012, most people when they order a new plane have to wait months to even a year to order/receive a plane. Sometimes they will pay extra to grab an earlier slot in production if they want one sooner. If your price point is below a Piaggio, then basically no jets unless you get one pre-2000, which I would suggest against because the fuel efficiency has improved greatly in jets over the past decade, cough Gulfstream cough. If you are leaning towards a King Air I would suggest like a 2006 King Air 350, seats 8 pax, has a belted lavatory (9 total), and 2 pilots. Generally business jets and turbo-props are listed as passenger count, if it says 8+2 that would be 8 passengers and 2 pilots. A King Air 200 depending on the configuration can seat 5 passengers comfortably, 2 more on the couch, and 1 on the belted lavatory for a crammed total of 8 and then 2 pilots. Your broker will help with all of this, they are very knowledgeable and have a lot of experience.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I was also going to suggest a King Air. Its the Suburban of the skies.
Cessna Caravan is the Suburban of the skies.

King Air is the Cadillac of turbo props having one of the quietest cabins and respectable speed.

Gulfstream is the Rolls Royce of the skies due to there quality, comfort, design, power, and prominence.

Reactions: Pushn'lbs

·
Registered
447 Posts
"ok maintenance cost is not an issue but definitely nearby or reliable maintenance is."

You really don't want to say that in aviation.

Sounds like a King Air 350 or PC12

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet thanks alot. definite king air 350 is on the list. waiting time is 1 year?

what's comparable to the learjet 45xr from bombardier? bombardier has a local maintenance place.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are the thoughts on the piaggo P.180 Avanti II?

rethinking price point.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Learjet 45 is a midsize jet, similar jets would be a Cessna Citation XLS, Hawker 800, and a Gulfstream G150/200.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
^ no idea. I have no experiance outside a King Air or Beachcraft

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Considering you haven't qualified your price point, I'd recommend looking at;
Prop: King Air
MidJet: Lear 60. Beats the 45 hands down, as well most every other jet in it's class when you look at operating costs and TCO.
LargeJet: GV / G550

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
originally the budget was around 5m, now thinking around 11m.

the ones i like so far are: king air, lear45 and avanti. the lear60 is above the budget for sure lol.

customized king air is already in the 7m range.

i think so far it will be prop or midjet. no need for large jet, which will def be out of the price range.

great advice / direction :)

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
for $11m budget, a custom King Air would be just beyond perfect. You could not go wrong plus, you can land them just about anywhere

·
Registered
690 Posts
If your price point is 11 million we are talking a whole new area, I would suggest against a prop plane if your budget is around 7-11 million, I would also advise against new, either get a used one you like or consider getting like a 2002-2005 jet that needs an overhaul and redo the interior to save some money and get a custom plane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts