Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after several months of owning my 997TT, I have to say that I actually really like the car.. Ive learned to use the tip buttons when I wanna have fun, and the auto is great for city use... That being said, in Beverly Hills this car gets ZERO..and I mean ZERO respect... Anytime I go to a valet, like for example today when I parked off Rodeo by Via Rodeo they park it completely in the back.. The entire front line was open, with a mercedes or two upfront... and they park the Porsche in the back.. This happened the last I came with the Porsche too. Come in the Lambo, the Bentley etc, car goes straight up front... Last time i was there, they parked my car in back with a lone Jaguar upfront.. If you tell Valets to keep it front, they look at you with a puzzled look as if it to say "why" ..

In a way, this is a good thing, as I wanted to blend in, but good god, I expected it to get atleast some respect... NONE.. Actually kind of pisses me off..

Another example is one of my workers, very nice guy and he meant no disrespect. He sees I got a new car, and he asks if I mind him asking what does a car like that cost.. I replied as to what he thought it would cost.. He responded 40k?

I wonder if it will change once I mod it..

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to hear for you poor experience. It's pretty funny your employee thought it only cost 40K. Obviously not a car guy.:lol:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
So after several months of owning my 997TT, I have to say that I actually really like the car.. Ive learned to use the tip buttons when I wanna have fun, and the auto is great for city use... That being said, in Beverly Hills this car gets ZERO..and I mean ZERO respect... Anytime I go to a valet, like for example today when I parked off Rodeo by Via Rodeo they park it completely in the back.. The entire front line was open, with a mercedes or two upfront... and they park the Porsche in the back.. This happened the last I came with the Porsche too. Come in the Lambo, the Bentley etc, car goes straight up front... Last time i was there, they parked my car in back with a lone Jaguar upfront.. If you tell Valets to keep it front, they look at you with a puzzled look as if it to say "why" ..

In a way, this is a good thing, as I wanted to blend in, but good god, I expected it to get atleast some respect... NONE.. Actually kind of pisses me off..

Another example is one of my workers, very nice guy and he meant no disrespect. He sees I got a new car, and he asks if I mind him asking what does a car like that cost.. I replied as to what he thought it would cost.. He responded 40k?

I wonder if it will change once I mod it..
Try explaining to people in bumfuck Louisiana that you drive a 88K Nissan.

·
Registered
522 Posts
LOL thats why i bought a porsche and got rid of the lambo its. half the time my buddy(with a e55) has to inform them tells them to keep the car upfront with theyre mercs other flashy cars. imo get a sick paint job at SSC but i dont think that will fix the prob. id say get a techart body kit and a ssc paint job to fix the attention problem. i do however get alot of attention if i just drop the clutch and gun it lol.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
All I can think of is Drama's line from Entourage about guys with 911s in Beverly Hills... that sucks.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt buy the car for attention.. What i mean is that inmo, Id think a Porsche would still be a dream car to many..

Best way i can explain it... is that inmo Ive owned many cars which are far better, far more exciting, far more exotic, but yet I still see the beauty in it, I respect it... How can they not knowing full well they have NOTHING that remotely comes close to the car?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL thats why i bought a porsche and got rid of the lambo its. half the time my buddy(with a e55) has to inform them tells them to keep the car upfront with theyre mercs other flashy cars. imo get a sick paint job at SSC but i dont think that will fix the prob. id say get a techart body kit and a ssc paint job to fix the attention problem. i do however get alot of attention if i just drop the clutch and gun it lol.
We will see if it changes at all when all my mods come in.. I doubt it though..

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was born in LA, spent my childhood in Europe, and grew up in West LA and in my experience you are absolutely right. Unfortunately/fortunately there are way too many nice cars in LA. On an average day, I can't keep track of the bentleys, ferraris, lambos, Tesla's I see roaming the streets. It's really quite sickening.

Only thing that really catches my eye nowadays are the really odd/rare cars or a new model. Today I spotted the new porsche boxster speedster and it made me turn my head but I drove by a gorgeous black AM DBS Convertible without even a second glance.

My younger self would have been drooling at the sight of that AM!

·
Registered
522 Posts
lol mods wont help but once ya hit them they heart the turbos realize how ignorant they were lol. moods only help when ur leaving not coming...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was born in LA, spent my childhood in Europe, and grew up in West LA and in my experience you are absolutely right. Unfortunately/fortunately there are way too many nice cars in LA. On an average day, I can't keep track of the bentleys, ferraris, lambos, Tesla's I see roaming the streets. It's really quite sickening.

Only thing that really catches my eye nowadays are the really odd/rare cars or a new model. Today I spotted the new porsche boxster speedster and it made me turn my head but I drove by a gorgeous black AM DBS Convertible without even a second glance.

My younger self would have been drooling at the sight of that AM!

thats funny u notice a boxter but not a turbo lol. allan atleast u got ur lambo. hahha

·
Registered
583 Posts
porsche just doesnt get the credit it deserves/i dont know if it ever will unfortunately... :( i hear you 100% bud, sadly theres few that actually understand cars in west LA for their "legit" factor, however larger wheels, flashy looking badges, and maybe a little chrome will get you a front spot on rodeo.. just know in your head like we all do here that your 997 would murder a bentley or merc on a track any day rain or shine, thats all that really matters at the end of the day with a fast car ;)

1 - 20 of 180 Posts