Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and have a few questions regarding exporting GT-R direct from Japan. I was wandering if its possible and if anyone on here has experience with doing so? Also I would like to purchase the vehicle directly from the factory if thats possible. Please advise the best way to go about it.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Just go to your nearest nissan dealer, order one and wait. As for as I know, you can't order a car directly from the manufacturers.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you are ordering new do as said above.

If going classic hit up jdmlegends.com

Reactions: Redx

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Not sure the point of doing this? If you could buy directly from the factory, wouldn't everyone? The nissan dealerships are what make the money for nissan.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
ive done it with a R33 GTST not GTR but same thing..

its really not as hard as people think.. you just have to know people..

then i got the only titled legal JZX100 in the country now, its all about who you know and how much money you have to spend..

here are some pics of the R33 and the JZX100

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

then i got the only titled legal JZX100 in the country now, its all about who you know and how much money you have to spend..

here are some pics of the R33 and the JZX100

I keep hearing about JZX100, what is so special about this 15 year old sedan with a 2jz? Engine.

Please educate me

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

Its not the same when its brand new. I have imported many vehicles from out of country.. Its easy. But you can't go knock on the GT-R manufacturing plant with a mit full of money expecting to leave with a brand new GT-R

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I keep hearing about JZX100, what is so special about this 15 year old sedan with a 2jz? Engine.

Please educate me
It has a JZ, rear wheel drive, good drift car, still has 4 doors pretty fast car for what it is, it has about 350hp stock and easy to have alot of power with not too much money. and still right hand drive

and i think it looks pretty good too also different! pretty rare car as well. its just like having an Exotic, people come up to me at lights,gas station, parking lot always aking what it is and how i got it and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info guys... so going to the Nissan Dealer in japan would be the best option? Do you think it would make much difference if i went to a Nissan Dealer in Japan or USA?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Are you trying to get it cheaper? or do you want more of an experience? haha.. i'm sort of confused.. I honestly think it would probably be cheaper to buy in the states.. I'll do some digging, see how much they cost over there. Also, they are going to be RHD if you get a JDM version... haha.. Not sure if that would be even legal in the states.

Edit: I spoke to a guy from CarJunction.com and without shipment, a brand new 2014 Fresh off the boat will cost 86,400- for a black edition.. But, like i said... Not sure if it would be legal to register and insure in the USA

http://1.ajes.com/imgs/4IuzCwB6LtZC4m4brftylaI7anHiIldPS4V04oiaselrFodthlLKxYNIxbCbH4kSvqtQpyKiS9-2Fv94PMgZ30kMAD

http://2.ajes.com/imgs/2myH0mB6pRbXOKYBdiw8sG6aHqFz86X1jPHliubNH1uC2YBXx06pwD7Ci3tLCm7oPGUDiepfA-2Fv94PMgZ30kMAD

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys... so going to the Nissan Dealer in japan would be the best option? Do you think it would make much difference if i went to a Nissan Dealer in Japan or USA?

Many Thanks
What is your goal in wanting to import a car?

I know a guy on F-Chat who wanted to purchase a 458 in Italy, drive it around Europe for a few months and then import it to the US. It's a pain in the ass, not to mention on top of the huge hassle, you'd need to pay tax and duties when importing. It will certainly cost MUCH more than buying one here in the States.

Again, I am curious to hear the motivation as this doesn't really make any sense to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys again thanks for your input... I'm living in Doha Qatar and my intentions are to bring one here brand new here we drive on the Left Hand so importing from the US is no problem. dc350 thanks for the info the info i'm after a white one if possible. there is no TAX in Qatar and the rules with registering and insuring a GTR would not be as strict as US. I've seen as few for sale here on Cars Market in Qatar | سوق السيارات في قطر but there is one for sale 2014 for 115K US and 2015 for 108K . Also whats the deal with people advertising a 2015 model if we're not in 2015 is that legit or not true.

many thanks

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I know a guy on F-Chat who wanted to purchase a 458 in Italy, drive it around Europe for a few months and then import it to the US. It's a pain in the ass, not to mention on top of the huge hassle, you'd need to pay tax and duties when importing. It will certainly cost MUCH more than buying one here in the States.
Wouldn't it be more prudent to do a Ferrari Euro Delivery - pay extra for the extended insurance and lodging for the extra time - and have Ferrari ship it US bound when ready? Pretty sure if Porsche can do this, F can do it as well. Whelp, I answered my own question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts