Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 2003 Escalade and want to change it a bit. I want your input. Here is the car as it sits:

The most obvious first order of business is tint. I'm debating whether or not to completely black the car out... I do not want to change the wheel set-up (only possibly get them redone in black). Ideas/opinions?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
black it out... or sell it before it breaks

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
murder that bitch :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
1. A V-series style mesh grille
2. Small drop, probably 2" F / 3" R
3. some sporty, not blingy wheels. 20" or 22" if you prefer
4. tint
5. swap chrome door handles for some all black ones
6. remove roof rack and running boards
7. cat-back, I like Corsa in the stock location for this application.
8. don't "murder it out" like everybody else.

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
I have "dropped"/"lowered" 3 different full size SUV's every which possible way and they all rode like ass!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I have "dropped"/"lowered" 3 different full size SUV's every which possible way and they all rode like ass!
+1 although I haven't done 3. One was enough for me to not do it again. The Escalade is made to ride in comfort....don't mess with that part of the vehicle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have to agree... Granted, I'm the first guy to yell "cut it up!" (it's how I make a living), but in this case, you have a vehicle designed to be comfortable. Would you pull the stuffing from your pillow just so it would look cool by your headboard, even if it screwed up your neck?

I'd concentrate on investing in details that will make it unique, and truly YOURS. Why not have a one-off grille insert created... some subtle paint tricks to really make the most of the slight surface changes on the truck. Things nobody else has done... Subtle changes that get a double-take. Take a good, long look at your ride, and consider small aesthetic changes, make a few performance upgrades, and make it super-enjoyable to just drive...

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
i left this one stock height, and although its more subdued (being all black)
it rides,,, well,,, like a cadillac :p

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
When I drove one, it was stock and I would keep it at stock height.

Are your wheels chrome? Do black chrome.
Black grill, some tint on the front side windows and a rear cam. :wink:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
-Tint the driver passenger side windows
-paint the silver part on the grille black
-get a corsa sport (I have that and I'm glad I got that over the touring)
-as far as the wheels go if you want to keep them get them tinted so it will be black chrome or if you want to change them get some OEM 20" platinum edition wheels or 2007+ 22's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts