Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was in Geneva show in March, I asked the representative specifically whether or not it is possible to raise the spoiler, and he said it is not possible, only if you go over a certain speed, which was not a legal speed.. Then watched 100s of videos with Lamborghini always saying the same thing, even Jay Leno was making a joke saying if a police saw the car driving with the wing up, they will know you were speeding..

Then I see this.. today.. and I am puzzled..

The spoiler went up just moments before the person started the car.. Watch from second 0:42​

I don't know if that is important to all of you, but this particular detail is important for me, I thought I should share this, and if someone has an explanation please share..

Best regards,

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Interesting...I actually have no idea how they did that...but i've heard that a lot about how the lp700's media system is similar to the Audi MMI, so maybe there is some sort of setting you have to play with.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Lamborghini is being weird with the Aventador, first, the exhaust when you rev it (its a lambo, its meant to scream 24/7 right??), and now the spoiler question which they choose to "lie" about. If I had that kind of money, I'd walk right past it.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Maybe if we wait for Jeremy Clarkson to play with the Aventador more he'll figure out how to raise the wing without the speed limit, kind of how he turned off the traction control on the MP4-12C which all other magazines couldn't figure out lol.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It never really surprises me what people are able to do with computers these days but I have to say it looks pretty sick with the spoiler up

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I'll be at the launch party in LaLa tonight I will def ask the corporate and try to raise the wing for yall. ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lamborghini is being weird with the Aventador, first, the exhaust when you rev it (its a lambo, its meant to scream 24/7 right??), and now the spoiler question which they choose to "lie" about. If I had that kind of money, I'd walk right past it.
Well, you have a point, but when you want this car soooo bad, you tend not to make these things make or break the deal of you owning one.. unless it's a defect, it's hard to walk away from the car.. :bitenails:

It never really surprises me what people are able to do with computers these days but I have to say it looks pretty sick with the spoiler up
It does, it looked freakin sick when it went up right before starting the car.. I loved it.. :clap:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The fact that it can do it tells me it's something that can be 'turned on' via a VAG-COM.
We do a lot of stuff on Audi and VW's using a VAG-COM that aren't turned on by default; to date, I've activated the LED DLR's to stay on when signaling, activated the dynamic drive features, of which ONLY the throttle response is affected but saved me $300 from buying a SprintBooster, activated window up/down via keyfob, turned on the voltage gauges on the MMI, and activated the laptimer... none of this was active on my stock A5. I even activated the crude voice control for dialing the MMI's bluetooth feature.

So to make the wing go up manually, I'd say it's just a matter of finding the right settings through the MMI and BAM, wing is up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fact that it can do it tells me it's something that can be 'turned on' via a VAG-COM.
We do a lot of stuff on Audi and VW's using a VAG-COM that aren't turned on by default; to date, I've activated the LED DLR's to stay on when signaling, activated the dynamic drive features, of which ONLY the throttle response is affected but saved me $300 from buying a SprintBooster, activated window up/down via keyfob, turned on the voltage gauges on the MMI, and activated the laptimer... none of this was active on my stock A5. I even activated the crude voice control for dialing the MMI's bluetooth feature.

So to make the wing go up manually, I'd say it's just a matter of finding the right settings through the MMI and BAM, wing is up.
Hi, did you manage to disable the butterly valves in your exhaust and make it open from the start of the car? This usually involves a fuse in the fuse box.. Trying to think of solution for the exhaust sound problem that the car has..

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Perhaps it stays up after cutting the engine right after high speed?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
please explain the exhaust situation
just curious
I own a DBS, in the DBS there are butterfly valves that open and close in the exhaust and this determines exhaust volume and tone. they wont be wide open until I reach 5k rpms under heavy acceleration. I can disable this circuit and keep the valves open all the time no matter the revs thus giving me a much louder exhaust. to disable the circuit I can pull a fuse.. I'm hoping the same thing could be done with the Aventador

·
Registered
788 Posts
:whome:

I doubt anyone is lying, not every executive is going to know exactly what you can do with programming they know the promotional material. Most likely in the vag-com settings you can choose at what speed the spoiler raises and lowers, and possibly even on startup. Alot of exhaust butterflys are worked with a vacuum line, cinch them off and the butterflys stay open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts