Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty bad replica. But creepy how you followed it, lol :lol:
Eh, I was getting off work, saw it parked outside. got the video you saw^

Then a cop showed up, parked right next to it and wrote him a ticket. I was recording it but had to stop because I didn't want to cause any problems or anger. So then, the owner just decided to leave after that, I was on my way home anyway and then you see me following to the stop light , and i thought he was going to go crazy on the highway so I decided to follow him for a bit, made a uturn at the next light. You never know what to expect! lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have done a fair bit of research on replicars, and can't seem to agree or feel good about making something that just isn't. Kudos for those that do it and spending the time/money on their adventures, but it's just not something I would be proud of. I would always feel half ass. That's just my opinion though. I would be happier if I made my own design and glued it to a Fiero/MR2

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You can see that it's not perfect but c'mon, it's a decent replica. You guys are super critical.
I would rather take the money and labor to modify a Vette into a super car but I won't put down someone who chooses to create a replica Lambo. Funny how no criticizes the replica Shelby Cobra's. There's companies replicating a ton of those...people buy them and they get mad props. What's the difference?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You can see that it's not perfect but c'mon, it's a decent replica. You guys are super critical.
I would rather take the money and labor to modify a Vette into a super car but I won't put down someone who chooses to create a replica Lambo. Funny how no criticizes the replica Shelby Cobra's. There's companies replicating a ton of those...people buy them and they get mad props. What's the difference?
The difference is they modify those cars and make them so well you can't even tell there fake. It's so easy to tell a fake murcielago, and there usually made from cheap old mr2's..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind those who do it for a hobby and are more than happy to share how much work it has been into that, but when you go around thinking your driving the real thing and telling me that your driving a real lambo..thennnn..

For example, this guy

After the cop wrote him a ticket, some random dude asked him, "How much was the ticket for?".....the owner responded.."I don't know, I didn't even look at it..but I know I can deff afford it,"...the random dude said, "Well if you can afford that car, you can afford that ticket."

Common man! I just hate show offs.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't mind those who do it for a hobby and are more than happy to share how much work it has been into that, but when you go around thinking your driving the real thing and telling me that your driving a real lambo..thennnn..

For example, this guy

After the cop wrote him a ticket, some random dude asked him, "How much was the ticket for?".....the owner responded.."I don't know, I didn't even look at it..but I know I can deff afford it,"...the random dude said, "Well if you can afford that car, you can afford that ticket."

Great, you can afford a parking ticket. 99.9% of the people driving cars can afford a parking ticket. Don't be a do*che about it if you don't have the real thing. Don't be a do*che in general, it's classless.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My pitch on this is that you could've spent around the same amount of money and made an original car. I know some people want the car and can't afford it etc., but building cars is how we ended up with McLaren, Gumpert's Apollo, and Pagani Zonda. Sure, you don't have the million dollars in budget those guys had, but imagine the statement you'd make if you built an original and it caught on!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

For example, this guy

If I were you, I would make him feel like shit and call him out on it..

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have done a fair bit of research on replicars, and can't seem to agree or feel good about making something that just isn't. Kudos for those that do it and spending the time/money on their adventures, but it's just not something I would be proud of. I would always feel half ass. That's just my opinion though. I would be happier if I made my own design and glued it to a Fiero/MR2
Well said. i agree with you.

·
Banned
2,798 Posts
In expressing my very bias and brute opinion towards replicas I would go as far as calling this disgusting. In my opinion, I find it not only undermines the value of the brand and presence of a supercar, but it also undermines the effort it takes to receive the purchasing power to afford one. I may be bias as I once had a situation where a 1969 Camaro SS replica park up next to my SS and called mine garbage because it wasn't finished restoration (don't worry, I had friends tie a chain around his driveshaft and link it to a nearby parking pole so he didn't drive it for long), but I feel that it's complete disrespect towards owners.

Now I may sound like I'm venting, partially am, but replicas are indeed just that. Replicas, and everyone should know it. I know I may sound like someone who would buy a car simply to impress the public, which is not why I would buy a car of that stature, but the idea of having others including kids look up to those who make a fool of car brands that have engineers working day and night to come up with such designs irritates me. Many use the quote "fake it until you make it", which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous.

Keep in mind that everything stated was based on opinion, I hope it did not offend anyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts