Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, though I'd introduce myself. Name is Thomas Hobbs. I'm a photog in Tallahassee, FL. I shoot Football for FSU, but my passion is racing. I do stills too and mainly shoot for Smith Motorworks, a Panama City Beach EVOMS tuner, but for me nailing the right shot at the track takes everything. I've put a few in here, though I know they are 2yrs old. You can check out my webpage at Thomas Hobbs Photography and of course I have a Flickr page that might be better for you to see at Flickr: hobbstc's Photostream

Audi's first pit stop.

Last one for now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. My next race is Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on October 2.

Here's some older stuff.

4. I enjoyed the lines of the Dyson Racing machine.

7. If you insist...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1.The Start

4. Tried a different crop

5. The Dyson wreck

14. Flash was a little strong on this, it stopped the wheels. Oh well, sorry.

15. A little nighttime fun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last racing for now. Here's where the 500mm lens really shined, getting up close and personal with the drivers. Especially when I added the 1.4 teleconveter to it and made it a 700mm lens. Enjoy...

4. Getting passed at over 140mph...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome. I do shoot stills and regular auto shots too. Here's a gallery from this past weekend at a Charity Car Show in Destin, FL. Cant beat a real GT2 and Carrera GT's!

Destin Charity Car Show - TCH Photography | Facebook

And to answer the questions about equipment, the 2006 photos were taken with a then new Canon 20D and both 70-200 2.8L and 500 F4L lenses. The 2008 photos were taken with a Canon 1D (yes the old school one) with the 70-200 and a 400 2.8L with a 1.4tc attached. Starting last fall I switched to Nikon with a D300 right now. Going to take a 300 2.8 to Petit and try a little more wide angle with a 24-70 2.8. The shots on Facebook were with the 300. And the EVOMS day shots at Smith Motorworks in my Flickr were with it as well.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
that last shot on the first post is awesome

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
^^ You'll have to meet up with us all at some point.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You talking to me or Chris?

And if anyone wants to tag along/talk I'd be more than happy to share some techniques, etc. with anyone.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
You talking to me or Chris?

And if anyone wants to tag along/talk I'd be more than happy to share some techniques, etc. with anyone.
You. Chris is already gonna be with us. There are a few L4P'ers attending, would love to get everyone together at some point.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts