Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to get this up. Hope you think it's worth the wait!

Pt 1. The Start

·
Registered
519 Posts
Very cool. One quick question though. I'm not really big into photography, so you might be able to explain it. The "Start" photos seem, "over processed" to my eyes, but is that just the trend with photography? Or am I missing something. Still great shots, just a taste question is all.
________
LIVE SEX

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great question. It's a matter of styles. I prefer very vivid colors and high contrast in my pics. Some prefer just what comes out of the camera. In a market where you have 100 guys shooting the same race, you have to find the edge that makes you just that little bit different. Some may love it, others may hate it.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Love it.

I really like your set of photos. I have huge respect for the photographers. I was there for the race and literally walked the track end to end with my camera gear and it sucked.

Worst part for me was having my gear in tow (minus my 300mm 2.8 IS) and seeing some credentialed photographers there shooting with damn near point and shoot cameras.
That's my fault for not signing up in advance though.

Who were you covering the race for? I'm sure they are loving these photos!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I was light on equipment this time. Used my Nikon D300, 300 2.8 and a 24-70 2.8. Used onboard flash when I used it. You have to remember, when using flash on racing cars, you need to dial it way back and use it on rear curtain sync. All you are trying to do is hit the reflective numbers and graphics just enough without lighting the whole frame.

Unfortunately I wasn't shooting for anyone this year. I missed last year as I was playing soldier with the Army, so I didn't have an in this year. Going to use this portfolio to get back shooting for a team again next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts