Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the Nikon D5000 and the Cannon T1i packages from Costco. Which one one is more user friendly and will take better pictures. I will be using it for Auto and family pictures mainly. Thanks

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
No experience with Canon. I am sure they are both similar in feature and ease of use. Do you have any prior experience with either Canon or Nikon interface? As for taking better pictures...I am sure you already know it's not just the camera and lens that takes better pictures...it's the photographer.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No experience with Canon. I am sure they are both similar in feature and ease of use. Do you have any prior experience with either Canon or Nikon interface? As for taking better pictures...I am sure you already know it's not just the camera and lens that takes better pictures...it's the photographer.
I hear what your saying and i'm not that great so I need a camera that would help compensate for my lack of skills. The Nikkon feels better in my hands.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have any more info?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nikon. I second the idea of buying a higher end camera used for the same budget. Better sensor and light metering in the higher end cameras. You will benefit from this even if only using "Auto" mode. Also you want a camera that supports a focus motor IN the body, so you are not only limited to the lenses that have the motor in the lense (more expensive).

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you can sample both, definitely do that. Both Canon and Nikon are capable brands. You can produce stellar pictures on a cell phone if you know what youre doing. If you're pretty new, the most important thing is getting a body that you feel the most comfortable with. Navigate through the menus and determine which camera is the easiest for you to manage. There aint a chance in hell that you'll buy either brand and just start snapping Ansel Adams quality images so just buy the best one you can afford and feel most comfortable with and let the learning process begin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts