Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
5,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
dude are you kidding me? These are getting insane. Product shooting is definitely your thing. Do you get paid for this yet?
Well, I've never been paid for a product shoot. I have had the Buffalo Wings and Rings food account for three years though, which has paid well. I'm hoping this coming year is when I get my breakthrough.

On a unrelated note, the icicle forming in my freezer is taking longer than expected to freeze. Looks like I'm not shooting today.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well for this one I wanted to make it look like it were on a frozen lake. I used a piece of glass and sprayed it with a thin layer of water. I let that freeze in the freezer and then applied another coat of water. I repeated this 3 or 4 times. I then sprinkled some of the fake snow in top.

And here is the same shot with lume.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
^^^Yessss. Good stuff my friend.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Since the unfortunate accident where my aquarium shattered and one of my lights got fried, I don't really have the means of shooting any more water shots. I had planned on shooting one of the watches with a seahorse, but without an aquarium that would seem difficult. I ended up talking to people at the pet store, who were nice enough to allow me to bring my lighting equipment into their store and shoot the seahorses they had in stock. Then when I got home I combined the seahorse with the watch shot (taken out of water) and bubbles from my previous attempt. I think it turned out pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Frickin Awesome Creech!
Thanks Steve, I'm glad you like. I think I'll probably do one more photo tomorrow of the c-timer and then I'm done. I'm somewhat running out of ideas and im breaking photographic equipment like it's my job. Is that going to be alright? I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity. I wish I wouldn't have destroyed all my stuff so I could execute all my ideas. I'm somewhat limited now though of what I can do until I send stuff to get repaired.

·
Silver Sponsor
1,734 Posts
Thanks Steve, I'm glad you like. I think I'll probably do one more photo tomorrow of the c-timer and then I'm done. I'm somewhat running out of ideas and im breaking photographic equipment like it's my job. Is that going to be alright? I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity. I wish I wouldn't have destroyed all my stuff so I could execute all my ideas. I'm somewhat limited now though of what I can do until I send stuff to get repaired.
You have been more than generous and super creative! Thanks much!!!

What about the gold brick?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Going to try the gold brick once the clay dries. Went ahead and shot the timer today. I actually think this is my favorite pic as far as lighting of the watch goes. Most of the watches I shot had black bezels which are so hard to shoot and silver, when lit right, just shines.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
These pix ALL are just amazing!! You have found your calling....

As a matter of fact, you should be contracting with watch collectors to
shoot their collections for them as many like to have pictures of their watches
framed for offices, etc....

41 - 60 of 80 Posts