Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I spent 8 hours shooting all the goodies Steve sent me and all I got out of it was one shot, but I'm pretty happy with it. This is the first of many pics to come that I will be posting. Each picture is somewhat similar in that the motivation behind the concept lies in the color scheme of the watch. This doobie is obviously black and gold so I had the idea of shooting several shots with actual gold, problem is I'm a broke college kid and gold is seeing one of its higher values in years. Luckily, after a short trip to the grocery store to buy some kosher salt and a quick stop at the craft store to buy some gold spray paint, I had improvised gold dust. I'm thinking for other shots with this concept, I might also make a big ass gold bar. I'm most excited to shoot the concepts behind the black/orange doobie and black/blue doobie. :D Stay tuned for those and others.

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
nice and clean, I likey. Shooting watches ain't fun.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice and clean, I likey. Shooting watches ain't fun.
Yea, I forgot how hard it was. Black watches are the worst. It's so hard to shoot them well without them looking silver or gunmetal.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think most photographers will agree that we are all pyros at heart. Wasn't too difficult to think of this concept. Fire is bad ass. Sonbol is badass. It was a match made in heaven.

No watches were hurt in the making of this image. :) More to come soon.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I think most photographers will agree that we are all pyros at heart. Wasn't too difficult to think of this concept. Fire is bad ass. Sonbol is badass. It was a match made in heaven.

No watches were hurt in the making of this image. :) More to come soon.

suuuuper sick. You going to make a build up thread of this one?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone. Quick glance at what else is coming in the future...:p

For a build up of the fire image and behind the scenes shots of the gold image, check my thread in the photography section.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts