Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to a local family friend to help me locate a car at some of the local auctions and he just got a Maserati in the show room.

this is the ebay link

EBAY LINK TO CAR

I thought that this was probably a good deal, and just wanted to kind of know some basics. what are some problems with these cars, and what is maintenance like. I have heard nightmares, but he swears that this one is one of the best maintained cars around. I just wanted to get some insight on this, I am mainly focused on maintenance costs and common problems. I probably won't buy the car, but i might grab it to drive and flip if its a good deal. i can get it for a good amount less that 35k, but i didn't want to talk numbers with him until i am ready...

thanks

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know where this one is located? Is it near you? Maybe I need to give you a call...
its in myrtle beach at a dealership that we use to locate all our cars... I just don't know enough about these to judge it, so im afraid to touch it

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have to go take a gander at it ;)
haha, well if you come next week. i will be back home. we can take a look and go to some titty palaces...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Believe Mr. Carter had a thread a while back regarding ownership and maintenance on this car. From what I remember from the read many people warned him to steer clear. Maybe he can direct you to the link.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Believe Mr. Carter had a thread a while back regarding ownership and maintenance on this car. From what I remember from the read many people warned him to steer clear. Maybe he can direct you to the link.
yeah, i read that thread, but i get a weird feeling that maybe this one would work, especially since if i did by some odd chance get it, i would only have it for 6 months max... i got that vibe

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
yeah, i read that thread, but i get a weird feeling that maybe this one would work, especially since if i did by some odd chance get it, i would only have it for 6 months max... i got that vibe
Yeah guys I've been looking for one for quite some time. Alex if you can get it for the right price, then do it. I may just have to get it when you wanna resale. I just can't at this moment with a baby on the way and moving in Feb.

·
Registered
184 Posts
With that color combo, I suspect you would have it for longer than 6 months. Gransports with strange color combos (silver/blue) and technocloth interior are tough to sell. I'd think if you could buy it for $30K, you could turn around and sell it 6 months later having only lost a couple thousand in value, sales taxes, and whatever you pay for PPI.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
perfect car for you - all show, no go.

- chuck

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With that color combo, I suspect you would have it for longer than 6 months. Gransports with strange color combos (silver/blue) and technocloth interior are tough to sell. I'd think if you could buy it for $30K, you could turn around and sell it 6 months later having only lost a couple thousand in value, sales taxes, and whatever you pay for PPI.
well this is exactly what i was looking for... i don't want to buy it for a loss, but like i said. i know nothing about this car, so thanks

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don't think I posted on that other thread, but I do have a friend in Mobile that has one of these that is supposed to be one of the highest mileage examples out there...it had 168000 miles last time I talked about it to him which was like a year ago...and he still drives it. He says that he has never done anything other than normal maintenance. May be the weird example but it is possible. I think they are good looking cars personally, even if they are not supercar fast they are good looking and fast enough for normal use IMO.

This one...outside is hot inside is not so much hot...just dark blue would have been ok, the light blue add in was a mistake, even gray insert would have been easier to handle personally. I don't think it is a deal killer though for that car at the right price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
my advice would be whether its a ferrari ,maserati, or lambo make sure all the big$$services have been done and have a ppi (pre purchase inspection) done by a mechanic that know those cars. the ppi may cost a few bucks but it can also save you big$$ and headaches down the road.alot of guys buy these cars and dump them when they are due for big services and the next owner buys it thinking they got a deal and are surprised when they are looking at a huge service bill.research known problems these car are known for before you buy it and if you move forward have a ppi performed.good luck......caveat emptor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts