Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, its not a real GT2. but its probably the closest one could come, well, except for buying a real one that is. :whistle:

it is and was in my top 5 dream cars list for, well ever. But neither could i afford the 500k for an original one, nor could i commit to ripping apart an 993 turbo.

but then....i started a new job, and my Boss, out of nowhere asked if i knew anyone who could be interrested in his 993 gt2 replica. because that bastard had just bought a real one hahaha

so one thing led to another and two weeks and a bit of barganing later, i signed the contract :)

Shes not fully mine yet, he will keep the Speedline wheels and give me two sets of BBS E88 with gold centers instead ( which i prefer anyway ), and hes doing some service stuff on the car before he officially hands it over to me.
Yes, i could have bought a 997 GT3 RS for the money, but the 993 is just pure "badassery"

But to the car:

He owned the car from new since 1996. full service history.

the chassis has done about 100k kilometers, alltho, when it was converted to the GT2, everything, from the smalles bushing to a full engine rebuild was done.

since then the car has done about 3000km. so its basically "new".

all parts are factory gt2 parts. even the special lightweight rear window is an original GT2 part.

and yes....of course its RWD :)

She has a full stainless exhaust with 100 cel racecats, KW Clubsport 3-ways and is running a mild tune, putting out an honest 460 horses.

Here are some pictures ( sorry for the crap iphone quality ! )

If you have any questions just shoot. Of course, i will put up some proper pictures of her as soon as shes all done.

I will also post some quick acceleration and exhaust clips some time today :)

Cheers !

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh FVCK! Congrats. One of my all time favorites, genuine or not. It's a looker.

I call dibs if you ever sell it!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congrats, 993 is last of the air cooled of course and IMO last of the "real" 911's - enjoy the new toy!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats! Looks amazing!

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I hate you.
I see your M3 is still in the garage? Oh and that lineup in that garage is pretty dope too. Racetrack garage I guess?
Massive congrats!
Drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate you.
I see your M3 is still in the garage? Oh and that lineup in that garage is pretty dope too. Racetrack garage I guess?
Massive congrats!
Drive it like you stole it.
there there, no need for hate :D

Yes my M3 is still in the garage, its getting picked up by the new owner on the 10th, gonna be a sad day :(

haha, and no its not a track garage, thats the carpark at our office :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
haha, and no its not a track garage, thats the carpark at our office :D
You're kiddin?!

What kinda office? PM me!!! I want in!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can you show some pictures of the other cars in the garage please?
sure i can take some pictures tomorrow, btbh, at the moment most cars are out, because the weather is so good at the moment and most people drive them rather than having them at the shop :)

its mostly porsche racecars and porsche GT cars down there.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks a lot for the embedding ;)

we are allready talking about doind some stuff over the winter.

i dont want to go super crazy with the power, because i still want to use it on the track and i want it to be controllable :)

currently we are thinking about 16/24 hybrid turbos, an aditional oilcooler and reinforcing the clutch and putting an RS single mass flywheel in it. but thats all just talk and fantasy right now.

i want to get to know the car now before i do anything to it :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts