Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is has any validity...

McLaren keen to approach Sebastian Vettel at end of contract | McLaren | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

McLaren keen to approach Vettel at end of contract
ESPNF1 Staff
September 15, 2010 « Ferrari denies Alonso now its No. 1

Martin Whitmarsh on Sebastian Vettel: "If he continues to develop so fantastically, then at the end of his contract I will try once again to get him" © Getty Images
Enlarge
Related Links
News: Whitmarsh slams Vettel after Button crash
Profiles: Sebastian Vettel | Martin Whitmarsh
Teams: McLaren | Red Bull
McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has revealed he attempted to poach Sebastian Vettel in 2008 and that the Red Bull driver is still on his team's radar.

Whitmarsh was highly critical of Vettel at the Belgian Grand Prix, describing him as a "crash kid" after punting Jenson Button out of the race.

"Under pressure this year, Sebastian is making just too many mistakes," Whitmarsh told Sport Bild. "Also his collision with Mark Webber in Turkey, for me, was 95% his fault."

But when looking around for a replacement for Fernando Alonso at the end of 2007, McLaren offered then Toro Rosso rookie Vettel a deal that was vetoed by contract holders Red Bull.

"I am open and honest enough to admit it," Whitmarsh confirmed. "Sebastian is one of the great and promising talents, and we at McLaren wanted to have him. We were not able to sign him at that time."

Vettel is now signed up with Red Bull Racing until 2012.

"If he continues to develop so fantastically, then at the end of his contract I will try once again to get him," revealed Whitmarsh.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ha! Read that this morning & I just had to laugh cuz of all the sh!t-talking that McLaren's been doing...

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
hahaha if i was Vettel i'd be like get the fck out of my face.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Vettel has already stated he wants to drive for ferrari multiple times, what the hell is this shit? We don't need Vettel and Hamilton, **** that noise. We need another drive like button to counter Hamilton.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Please NO! NO NO NO!

It would ruin his career. Its apparent the Ham has the #1 spot with McLaren, and unless something in that relationship is changing/changed then Vettel would just become another Alonso...

Ferrari need to look at Vettel or maybe Mercedes if Nico (as highly as I regard him) is pushed aside. Vettel with Schumi as his mentor and Ross Brawn as his car developer would fly very high (Schumi's input in car development as well). Even with Mercedes it would just be a learning experience nothing special like Ferrari would offer his talent.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What i would like to see in a few years when contracts are up.

Vettel and Alonso @ Ferrari (who know's where Massa would go.)
Raikkonen and Webber(or Massa) @Redbull

I don't think V & A would ever be on the same team but I agree it would be a good match.

Raikkonen and Webber @Redbull or MB or who knows...Team Lambo? :)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I don't think V & A would ever be on the same team but I agree it would be a good match.

Raikkonen and Webber @Redbull or MB or who knows...Team Lambo? :)
You are right, they could work as team mates, but the odds that it would ever happen are slim to none. I also think that Red bull would get rid of Webber before Vettel. Even if Webber wins this championship. It would also be cool to see Raikkonen and Massa as team mates together again but at Red Bull.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you probably stopped reading after that hahaha
There was more to read? I assumed that was the point.

After reading in full, I have to say that the most important part of the reply above was in fact the quoted text now located in my signature.

·
Registered
496 Posts
You know, I knew Massa and Alonso on the same team would be good entertainment, I actually can't wait for Vettel and Alonso. That will be epic, I bet vettel drives into him by the third race.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well, everyone thought that Nico would have Schumi mentoring him, but Schumi is just not getting the job done. I am a great fan, but he should have stayed retired, because it seems Nico is schooling him!

Later,

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, everyone thought that Nico would have Schumi mentoring him, but Schumi is just not getting the job done. I am a great fan, but he should have stayed retired, because it seems Nico is schooling him!

Later,
Wait till Schumacher gets a car that was actually built for his driving style...he's been basically fighting his chassis all season.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wait till Schumacher gets a car that was actually built for his driving style...he's been basically fighting his chassis all season.
Will this be after he retires, again?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts