Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well for starts its not something permanent
it could be used to see if you will like a paint job or just to changes things up
also it could be used to protect the paint, just some things to help you understand

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Mine will be wrapped this spring vs painted as I'm unsure of the color choice for a permanent application.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its cheaper than painting most exotics and protects the paint underneath, and a bonus is that it can always be removed or changed up whenever you get bored of your car :)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
The question should be 'why would anyone NOT wrap their car??'

Like everyone else said, it Protects Paint and Gives your car a new look for a cheap price + you have the option to remove it if you're not happy with it or just need a change.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I got my GTR wrapped in Matte Black, best decision I made on the car.

I'm getting my wife's Cayenne GTS RED satin wrapped, it'll probably be another great decision.

I'm getting my 458 wrapped ...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
anyone know where i can order that camo wrap material?
it's printed on there, you need to supply a design and a printer will print it onto the vinyl, it doesn't come like that

·
Registered
725 Posts
anyone know where i can order that camo wrap material?
Printed vinyl graphics can be done in any way you can imagine. Most sign shops/vinyl shops could help lead you to the source in your area for getting the wrap, but pick your installer carefully as razorblade marks last forever (or result in costly repainting)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Another reason that hasn't been mentioned is vehicle resale value.

Repainted cars tend to hurt the value, and chase away potential buyers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Another reason that hasn't been mentioned is vehicle resale value.

Repainted cars tend to hurt the value, and chase away potential buyers.
Not to mention most resprays have dust in clear, varying depth gauge readings, fisheyes etc which most buyers dont care how they got there. Even if you try to explain you didnt originally like your paints color...I know I have ran away from several cars due to this reason. Always makes you wonder. :bitenails:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Quality of film, choice of color (gloss, matte, printed graphics) as well as the individual vehicle plays into how much film is needed and used etc as well as labor for that specific vehicle. I have seen wraps as low as 2K and up to 10K depending on the shop.

Ours on average are around 4-6K for full color changes including door jambs etc.

Heres a link to a blog we did as well as a youtube video of a timelapse on our most recent published wrap:

Matte Black Vinyl Wrap Ferrari 430 Scuderia Color Change - NorthWest Auto Salon Seattle Auto Detailing

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
^^you guys work fast :lol: great job!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Does a wrap do any damage to the paint, such as marring or scratching during removal? I imagine a lot depends upon who installs / removes the vinyl.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just a guess, but I imagine the finish would need a good going-over with at least an orbital with something like Meguiar's 205. This would be after a thorough wash with a citrus-based cleaner and a wipe down with alcohol or something suitable for removing any residue left by the adhesive on the vinyl. At least you will have less rock chips and other dings thanks to the protection the vinyl affords while it's on the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Am i seeing things or was the roof done it two halves? :S Just curious...how would the roof be smoothed out into one if done it two pieces? That's if i saw right..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts