Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No better way to start a Saturday than to mod a G-Shock

Will update as I snap more pictures.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Subscribed: I'm interested. Your pic reminds me that I have to rebuild my Slash 4x4's shocks soon.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is Sal! I didn't get to it today, hopefully tomorrow. The perfect weather was calling for lawn work to be done.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I haven't read up on this, does this just improve the shock capability of the watch?

found the info....crazyness!

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting mis en place

Looks so bare!

Such a kickin' back piece

Notice the nipple missing....I thought I had poked the hole but when I squeezed it to test, the cap flew off and is currently missing.

Final result

All in all I learned the MudMan is not a suitable "Hydro Oil" mod platform. The way the case is designed around the module leaves little to no room, combine that with the screen acting as a trap for the bubble. I have the watch soaking in a dish soap bath to degrease all the oil that has found it's way in every nook and cranny. So far I LOVE IT!!! Display is crystal clear, I froze the watch for an hour and it still looked normal!

·
10,594 Posts
Sweet. Can you see an air bubble through the crystal?

What is said about some oil filled watches like Bell Ross:

Tests in hyperbaric tanks have proved the watches' resistance at 1110 bar, equivalent to 11100 metres. This performance is due to a major technical innovation: a watchcase completely filled with a transparent oil called Hydroil. This liquid guarantees perfect water-resistance and incomparable readability. In addition, it guarantees extremely reliable and silent operation.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes at the time of the picture there was 1 larger bubble and 2 pin pricks of a bubble (Below the L and * for the battery bar). They have since merged into one bubble. Fortunately or unfortunately the bubble is stuck hovering over the main display. I'm going to do some temperature tests to see how big/small the bubble can get, if it stays like this...I can make do and learn to like the little guy.

In regards to Hydroil, the shock fluid was the closest thing that the G-Shock guys on WUS could find. I will not be sending this watch for testing as I should have two identical Gulfmans incoming soon that will be put to the test. If I can get 5x the 20 bar of a stock Gulfman I'll be happy. Definitely not saying I'll be depressed if it goes deeper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts