Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been troubling me for a few days, but I can't seem to understand why Hublot and Ferrari have launched 75 pieces, limited edition big bang watch in Mexico.
Follow the link to the story.

Why Mexico?
I also saw that they celebrated 200 years of Mexico with a watch and then celebrated the Mexcian soccer team with a big bang too. What is the connection? And why is Ferrari going along with it?

Earlier, they both launched in Singapore and Hong Kong. I can see Singapore as it co-incided with the formula 1 and Hong Kong for the 30 years of Ferrari and the money from China, but if somebody could shed some light on Mexico that would be awesome.

No disrespect to Mexico, just challenged to see the Ferrari and auto history link. I look forward to your thoughts.

Congrats Mexico!

·
Registered
238 Posts
It seems like they're "killing two birds with one stone." They can release the 'Rarri watches and the Mexican watches together, saving some hassle.

"This very exclusive limited edition will only be available at Hublot retailers in Mexico"
Probably just trying to fit the market, or trying to boost sales in the region?

Very interesting!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I've always thought the Hublot & Ferrari partnership is strange. The people that own each typically don't own both. AP would be a much more "fitting" brand while hublot is clearly more the Lamborghini crowd.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes totally agree on AP being more fitting for Ferrari.
I feel hublot is just a wannabe with its rubber strap watches.

I can't wait for someone from Mexico to comment on this burning question.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hublot has a LE for everything--simply introducing a BB Ferrari in Mexico, as far as I know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They now have 16 Hublot Ferrari models if I my count is accurate. I have made a post about this over on TZ. The standard editions, plus Japan, Germany, HK, Singapore, UAE, Mexico, Beverly Hills, Texas, UK.

This was posted before the 2 Mexico watches came out

TimeZone : Hublot » Another Ferrari Model...

And while i know some people play the love or hate for Hublot vs. AP, I must say that Hublot's post sales service is the best I have experienced with many brands including AP, Panerai, and Rolex.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok at long last I have figured it out!!!

A friend of mine sent a link to the financial times and the business of formula 1.
The Business of Formula One

I then connected the dots. Mexico has had a long history of racing, Formula 1 was there from 1962, however their last race was in 1992, due to the poor condition of the circuit and pollution. Now in 2014 on Nov 16th, at long last, Formula 1 is coming back to Mexico. It is a provisional race dependent on track conditions.

So with Ferrari, Hublot launched the watch in anticipation of the race later next year. It's going to be held at the world famous Autódromo
Hermanos Rodríguez.

Here's the article at the FT, go to the last page in the PDF.

It all makes sense now.

·
Registered
238 Posts

A friend of mine sent a link to the financial times and the business of formula 1.

I then connected the dots. Mexico has had a long history of racing, Formula 1 was there from 1962, however their last race was in 1992, due to the poor condition of the circuit and pollution. Now in 2014 on Nov 16th, at long last, Formula 1 is coming back to Mexico. It is a provisional race dependent on track conditions.

So with Ferrari, Hublot launched the watch in anticipation of the race later next year. It's going to be held at the world famous Autódromo
Hermanos Rodríguez.

It all makes sense now.
Nice sleuthing, I can see the connection.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Hermanos Rodríguez.

It all makes sense now.
I think it has nothing to do with F1. It has to do with collectors or Ferrari Club's in many countries that requested or showed interest in a special watch.

·
10,594 Posts
Carlos Slim, a Mexican and the richest man in the world, sponsors some of Mexico's racing teams including the F1 team. Several of Hublot's events and award ceremonies are held in Mexico. Jean Claude Biver stepped down as CEO of Hublot and now Ricardo Guadalupe is running things. Guadalupe is Spanish, I think, and has connections w/Mexico. What does Hublot have to do with the WBC and Boxing? What does Hublot have to do with any of the LE's they create for people and organizations? Pretty much nothing. But they want to be seen associated with these peoples and organizations. The WBC watches they created were unveiled in Cancun I think. Biver was awarded Man of The Year award in Cancun. I haven't looked into this but if individuals are having LE's made in their name why can't a country have a measly 75 pieces? Fvck, everyone else has LE named after them except me. Bastards!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Carlos Slim, a Mexican and the richest man in the world, sponsors some of Mexico's racing teams including the F1 team. Several of Hublot's events and award ceremonies are held in Mexico. Jean Claude Biver stepped down as CEO of Hublot and now Ricardo Guadalupe is running things. Guadalupe is Spanish, I think, and has connections w/Mexico. What does Hublot have to do with the WBC and Boxing? What does Hublot have to do with any of the LE's they create for people and organizations? Pretty much nothing. But they want to be seen associated with these peoples and organizations. The WBC watches they created were unveiled in Cancun I think. Biver was awarded Man of The Year award in Cancun. I haven't looked into this but if individuals are having LE's made in their name why can't a country have a measly 75 pieces? Fvck, everyone else has LE named after them except me. Bastards!

U deserve a LE name after u no joke , love the watch knowledge u bring here

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, I can make a strong argument for my own LE. Just look at the probono work I do on these watch forums. And NOBODY can say I dont love me some nice watches. You reading this Guadalupe?
Right on Salducchi!!
Going back to the Mexican connection, you are right again I forgot the last ingredient in an LE, rich person association. Carlos slim, the wealthiest person in the world is behind bringing the race back to Mexico and sponsoring the watch. Excellent point.
We should run a separate poll on how much folks would pay for a Salducchi LE and which brand!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts