Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the wheels from wheel boutique, they were used, and were on the White 997.2 GT3 that was in the photo shoot they posted up here. Wheels came packaged well, said they were in perfect condition and pretty much were but was disappointed that they were shipped pretty dirty with water stains and seemed to be a lil rust. Had them cleaned with a polish gun, got most of it off. Feel like that should of been said, not "Perfect". But they are wheels so **** happens.

They are gorgeous wheels, not sure they match my car color as well as the stock wheels...not sure which I prefer, probably the stocks, but Ill see if I adjust to them or might make the lip black as well. I like the no center cap look, its racey.

Weighed the 19" Stocks and the 19" HRE comp 90

Stock Rear = 29 lbs
Stock Front = 23.4 lbs

HRE Rear = 24 lbs
HRE Front = 20.4 lbs

saved 3lbs per wheel at the front and 5lbs at each rear

Sorry for crap cell phone pictures

stock

Stock

HRE

HRE

some of the dirt/rust

Finished Product

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Sick! please take a pic from a distance to see the entire car ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Fred! Took a bunch of pics but when I plug my camera into my computer its saying:

"A USB device is currently drawing too much power. The hub to which it is attached to will be deactivated"

If anyone knows how the hell to fix this, please help, was working fine yesterday. Hopefully I can get some shots up soon and maybe ill adjust to the wheels or make the barrels black and seewhat it looks like, but I might sell them, just cause I dont think they fit my car...if anyone is interested let me know...

cell phone pics

·
Registered
153 Posts
Lookin good man! I'm diggin the center caps.
Them ain't center caps, themz spline drive center-locking NUTZ!

DD, these are a nice fit, I would just powdercoat the lips black or color-match gray...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Them ain't center caps, themz spline drive center-locking NUTZ!

DD, these are a nice fit, I would just powdercoat the lips black or color-match gray...
thats what im thinking...gona take pics and try and have some photoshop them black

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
yeah they look pretty good, and every pound matters. especially when it is rotating mass

·
Registered
723 Posts
Can't go wrong when function and form come in a single package. Looks amazing :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts