Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may have seen me asking about how high the F430 is.

Well I was refraining from buying a Lamborghini over the Ferrari because its REALLY flashy (no offense, who says thats bad) It just wasnt for me.

But then I thought about it. If I'm at a stoplight in an F430, and theres 12 people there.. all 12 will be looking at me. If I'm there in a Lambo, all 12 will also be looking at me. So really a lambo gets the same ammount of attention no matter how flashy it is, SO WHY NOT GET A LAMBO!

So I'm debating an f430 and a lambo.

Enough dribble and onto my question:

I drive up/down a lot of steep slopes, and i might just park in a parking garage eventually in my life, and i plan to DD the lambo/ferrari.

I know after 2004 every lambo has a lift system (right?) Well, how does it work and how high does it lift the nose? Do you press a button and WOOSH the nose flies up and you can drive around like that as long as you want, or how long does it take for the nose to get up? also, if i go up the ramp in a parking garage, as the ramp sharply levels out with the next floor.. will the undercarriage scrape the end of the ramp?

EDIT: If it helps, I'm looking at the LP560-4 Spyder. Rosso Vik :)

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
You push a button and the front lifts within a few seconds. I believe that the car drops back down at 12mph or when you press the button again.

A friend drives his daily and never complains about it scraping with the lift.

It was an option on 2004 Gallardos, I believe 2005 as well. Became standard on '06.

Nick

·
Registered
788 Posts
I live in a condo and it comes in handy on the parking ramp and speedbumps and tricky driveways. It makes ALL the differance though the Gallardo is lower than a 430. Also an LP560 will be significantly faster than a 430 and probably quite a bit more relaible and daily driveable. I have put 16k miles on my G in a year and a half and had very few issues. O2 sensor and AC compressor were only things out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
it takes about 10 sec to raise it, about 3 sec to lower it.

std on 05+. in 06, the lift was redesigned.

if you are considering lp560, then definitely the lambo is a better car than f430. however, if you are considering a 04-05, than I would get f430.

i think the lift is quite useful if you have steep driveways or ramps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I debated between a G and an f430 prior to purchasing. I was quickly turned off when I heard the reliability issues with Ferrari compared to the gallardo. I purchased a 08 superleggera. No regrets. Lift system is very hands for steep spots

Good luck

·
Registered
460 Posts
it takes about 10 sec to raise it, about 3 sec to lower it.

std on 05+. in 06, the lift was redesigned.

if you are considering lp560, then definitely the lambo is a better car than f430. however, if you are considering a 04-05, than I would get f430.

i think the lift is quite useful if you have steep driveways or ramps.
Could you elaborate on how the lift was redesigned in 06? Are the lifts hydraulic? I vaguely remember hearing that 06+ drew fluid from a different source than before, but I'm not sure how correct this it at all.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I thought it dropped back down at 30mph? I could be wrong though. But it does drop down at a certain speed.
mine never dropped back down...i would have to switch it on and off. not automatic. not how they are supposed to be..but i got caught leaving cars and coffee with it more than once..pics look bad with it lifted.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Could you elaborate on how the lift was redesigned in 06? Are the lifts hydraulic? I vaguely remember hearing that 06+ drew fluid from a different source than before, but I'm not sure how correct this it at all.
05 uses power steering fluid.

not sure about 06+. maybe it uses air shocks.

and the lift does drop down itself at about 50mph. otherwise, the nose would catch too much air into the bottom of vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The lift system is very useful and I will not scrape in the LP-560 where I will in the Scuderia. An LP-560 after lifted will go down automatically at about 35mph, however, if you lift it to go up a steep driveway, you have to remember to lower it when you park.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Extremely useful. I use the lift system religiously on my Superleggera. I go through so many driveways that I wouldn't be able to make without the lift system - hell, I wouldn't be able to climb my home driveway without the lift system. I simply keep my finger on the button and then press it again to lower it as soon as I've passed the peak of the driveway.

-R

·
Registered
460 Posts
05 uses power steering fluid.

not sure about 06+. maybe it uses air shocks.

and the lift does drop down itself at about 50mph. otherwise, the nose would catch too much air into the bottom of vehicle.
Thanks for the info! I would be curious to know how the 06+ system works. Sounds like it's a godsend though haha.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks for the info! I would be curious to know how the 06+ system works. Sounds like it's a godsend though haha.
06+ lift system is still hydraulic. The difference is that it has a dedicated pump. The 05 system uses the PS pump.

When the car completes the lift cycle, the shocks lock into the raised position. I think it won't harm the system to keep it in raised position while parked. I'd lower it if it's going to stay parked for a few days just in case though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts