Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an 05 phantom with 50k miles..how reliable would such a thing be? I would assume it was used as either a chauffeur car, a rental, or the owner drove 10k/year on average. I am not looking to buy, just curious as I saw one available.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If I had a phantom, I would make it bright yellow and paint this on the side of it :D . CAN I GET A "HELL YEAH!" ? ;)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Is anyone actually speaking from experience? Given Rolls-Royce's aviation engine reliability, I would imagine the drivetrain is pretty solid but can anyone who's had one that experience repairs comment on that or the repair cost? Very much curious

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Check the Carfax. If it was owned by a limousine company or used as any sort of "fleet" vehicle, the Carfax will show it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I went and looked at an 03-04 phantom for a relative overseas the car was here in detroit used , no warrenty , 50k miles. $140-150k IIRC Cali car it had been side swiped on rear pass qaurter panel . repair job on it was $15k just to paint the rear qaurter panel because they had to get the paint mill to spec per RR standards . Very cool and unique ride .. Badd @SS ride but felt like I'd rather be driven in it then be driving it .. The new ones though seem more driver friendly IMO

·
Registered
416 Posts
The reliability of the vehicle shouldn't be an issue, but maintenance costs are greater than something such as a BMW 7 Series.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Bumping this thread....I know there are dealers on here so is it possible for some of you guys to comment or ping your service techs for their thoughts? I understand a few $k a year for basic maintenance but I'm curious if you're putting $10k a year on an 04-05, what other costs will there be for things like brakes, filters, engine tuneups etc.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My old neighbor had a 05 phantom, he rarely had problems with it, but the maintenance and parts were what were the killer. 800$ for an oil change. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts