Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
What's wrong with the pix? They look fine.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Seriously people. Art is entirely subjective. And, yes, photography is art. It's not about what you think in so much as what someone else is looking for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What the hell am i looking at? bashing some random person?
Not bashing, pointing out they are bad pictures. I was looking through photographers and found this site there a loads of really decent ones but this just stood out as terrible from the rest. Kind of thought it'd be different to show the bad compared to some of the talent on here.
Next time I'll just lurk :D

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If you think the photos are crap, then don't use that photographer. Pretty easy solution if you were to ask me. My guess is there is a back story to this thread, otherwise I don't see the point of posting a link to a seemingly random photographer to say their skill and photo quality is garbage.

"I've seen some crap range rovers on 27's on here!"

Not even sure how this is relevant as most of the pictures that are posted are from sponsors of the site who are completing specific orders from customers (most of which aren't even members of this site). The sponsors do the work, they don't choose the wheels for the customer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please delete this thread!
It's all taken way out of context there's no back story. I just threw the site up as I found it funny how bad they where. That's it end of story.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Please delete this thread!
It's all taken way out of context there's no back story. I just threw the site up as I found it funny how bad they where. That's it end of story.
not funny, not all pics are bad. Are you mad he or she is getting paid for their work? you sound like a grade "A" hater

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Not bashing, pointing out they are bad pictures. I was looking through photographers and found this site there a loads of really decent ones but this just stood out as terrible from the rest. Kind of thought it'd be different to show the bad compared to some of the talent on here.
Next time I'll just lurk :D
So, what you want to do is a critique--comparison & contrast--that is, if you want to be taken seriously.

It's one thing to say "This photographer's work is not up to par with photographer Doe's work due to poor composition, a weak sense of perspective'', etc. It's quite another to say ''This guy's work sucks because it's not as good as everyone else's."

When you say "This guy's photography sucks" you leave yourself open to be called a troll or a hater. However, when you offer constructive criticism, then you will have more validity in your argument and your audience will be encouraged to entertain your opinion and take you more seriously.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I realise all this now it really wasn't supposed to come across as hate or trolling.
I don't care if he's getting paid I'm not that type of person. Posts deleted as I've realised my error.
Apologies.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I realise all this now it really wasn't supposed to come across as hate or trolling.
I don't care if he's getting paid I'm not that type of person. Posts deleted as I've realised my error.
Apologies.
Dont fret it so much, pretty clear you got the picture early on that it wasnt the best thread. Now everyone is just going to jump on the bandwagon. Dont let it discourage you from posting.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I want to see it! lol
My wife works with a guy that claims to be a professional photographer and he sucks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I am worried they were talking about me!!!! lol :bitenails: (i just really wanted to use that smilie)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts