Luxury4Play.com banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
its been almost 6 months in my new 4 bedroom 2200 sq ft +800 sq ft walkout basement home and here is my verdict... for 3 people its too big, if that 800 sq ft walkout is to disappear i would not even notice, hell i would give up the 4th bedroom to have a 3 car garage

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I'm assuming the 3rd person is a child? If so I'd also assume they are young, but I could be way off. I only say that because my house is just under 6,000sq.ft. and some times I still can't find peace and quiet with my 2 kids running and playing, then neighborhood kids come over...Jeesh That's why I built my cigar room out in the garage. It's the quietest place in the house

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I'm assuming the 3rd person is a child? If so I'd also assume they are young, but I could be way off. I only say that because my house is just under 6,000sq.ft. and some times I still can't find peace and quiet with my 2 kids running and playing, then neighborhood kids come over...Jeesh That's why I built my cigar room out in the garage. It's the quietest place in the house
way off, 3rd person is my 18 year old brother, university student, super quiet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in the 2 bedrooms Capri residence and it is enough place! A room for our son and a terrace what else do you wish for? :)
You can see the layout on https://sabbiabeachcondos.com/floor-plans/.
But actually I wouldn't need that much space but I love it like this!
Years ago I've been traveling for a year with nothing more than a backpack, back then I did realize what I really need for my life!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Down here in Alabama money goes a long way on a house. It's not hard to get a 3000 square foot home for between $260,000 to $400,000 depending on the location. So, I'm afraid I'm going to have to have another 3000+ square foot house. This time I plan on having at least one kid and I need the garage space to have my own shop to work on my cars.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Check out "Tiny House Nation" on TV these days. Not sure I could do that...
Nope.

A tiny house is a great idea for if you just want to go camping for a few weeks. But to live in indefinitely? Hell no. The most ridiculous episode was when a grown man made the ignorant decision to live in what can pretty much be considered a repurposed utility house (maybe 400 sq ft) with his pubescent daughter. That's just a little too pedophile.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I think its more like how much square foot can you afford.

Reactions: Dark Pony

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m in a 4,200 sq ft house on a 17,000 sq ft ocean front lot.

18 miles into NYC is a 40 minute drive now with no traffic.

It’s perfect for the 6 of us. I will eventually add a 2 car garage...right now I have a 1 car garage where I keep my 911.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Btw...I’ve been absent from this site for a few years...why hasn’t anyone posted here in 2+ years? Where’d everybody go?

141 - 154 of 154 Posts