Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a multipart question for you guys: how many sq ft is ur living space, how many other people do u share this space with, do you want more or would u down size?

I will start, I currently live alone in 900sq ft penthouse with a view of the lake (the reason I choice it)
I personally feel its too much space for me and if I could keep the view I would downgrade to half the space in a heart beat.

let hear it guys

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have 4350sqft. 3 Living stories and a attic. Currently 4 people including me living here. Could probably make it just fine in smaller house. Don't need my workout room as I have a gym membership, don't need 2 formal living rooms, never use my formal dining room, have a extra bedroom, have two actual used living rooms/entertainment rooms. So yea, I could downsize quite a bit. I honestly would like a 2500sqft ranch style house and a big 4 car garage with 15ft ceilings on one side and a entertainment/mancave loft above the other 2 bays.

·
5,744 Posts
1175sq ft, and for the time being, just me. The downside is the wasted rooms, but I hate being cramped. I like a spacious living area, and kitchen.

I've always dreamed of owning a large home. Now would I probably need all the space, no, but for some reason it's just a desire.

-Markus-

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ha I curently 850 sqf apt. Living with gf.
Deff coul go up with number since i have ton of stuff and need room for my atelier .

My parents are working on 44k sqf home just them two :)
The thing with thatone is the way my mom designed it its very spacious open floor plan. When i asked them well ok now when i come back home from states where am i gona stay my dad said valer u dont need a bedroom . I said what?? He said bedroom its a dead space. There is plenty of room to sleep whereever. Lol i was like hmm he is kinda right so they have master bedroom and thats it for bedrooms lol
Could they live in smaller offcourse!
That place is masive idk what would i with that much sqf. No need. Yet haha

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Dream home:
Quite modest
Main 1200 sq feet
Upper 1250 sq feet 3 beds
Basement 1170 sq feet
Triple garage for my DD and toy.
Total Living ~3600 sq feet. This would be the perfect size for me without feeling cramped, but more importantly, not feeling creeped out if I'm all by myself. Hate that feeling.
And the best part? It's very much achievable and easy to find lots to accommodate that.

Current living space is much like above but around 2200 sq ft + 1000 sq ft basement and detached double garage. It's spacious but not grand.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1400' apartment, only use about 600--wouldn't know what to do with more. the extra 800' hasn't been used for 6 months. i couldn't imagine cleaning more than what i already have to. all of my interests take me outside.

·
Registered
408 Posts
1600sq feet condo not bed but with two kids I could use at least 400 more and I'll be set.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I think my current apartment is around 700 sq feet. I would say that 1000 would be perfect for me as long as I could also have a separate garage with upstairs loft/office space studio.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Last year I bought a 3 bed room, 3 bath, with bounus room, 3200 sqft house for me and the wife. It's a single story with a nice floor plan that flows really well. All the rooms are nice size and it has a 3 car garage. I feel its the perfect size for us. We use one room as a guest room, one is a office, the other is a work out room. I wish we had one more room that I could make into a home theater but the family room has a decent set up for now.

·
Banned
163 Posts
I feel guilty if I post on here :(

David

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I currently live in a small three bedroom home that is around 1,800 feet heated/cooled. Three people in the home feels a bit cramped. There is a small dining room, modest sized kitchen/nook, and then a good sized living room with vaulted ceilings.

When I get the opportunity to build a home for my own family I would be very happy with something between 2,500-3,000 sq. feet. This would allow me a room for each child, a guest bedroom, a man cave/media room, and a large master suite. Also would like to have a three car garage.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
For me its all about the living room and kitchen being one huge ass room. Espically since the couch and laptop is the office.

·
Banned
99 Posts
2500 sq. ft.

I have two people who live in my house but I don't think they will be there much longer. I can't wait to live on my own.

My mom lives in the house I grew up in. 5200 sq.ft for a 56 y/o lady. She goes in 5 rooms maximum. Kitchen, Back staircase, Bedroom, Closet, Bathroom.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I just left 2500 sqft for a 4000 sqft house. Closing on it in July.... Can't wait. Just us two but we are planning for a family. 3 blocks away from one of the top charter schools in the country.

·
Banned
163 Posts
Between my wife my daughter and I we share 16000 sqft but feel buyers remorse of spending an enormous sum of money for it, but I would be fine with 4000 sqft for the three of us.

David

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Between my wife my daughter and I we share 12000 sqft but feel buyers remorse of spending an enormous sum of money for it, but I would be fine with 4000 sqft for the three of us.

David
Shouldn't feel remorse if it was obtained at a good value. Think of it as an investment. You can always sell it off and build/buy something smaller.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My parents garage in Miami is about the size of my entire house in Tokyo, no kidding.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I don't understand why people (I've noticed Americans, especially) need so much space. I had an apartment that was ~600 square feet and it was much more than enough for a girlfriend and I. I could never fathom having a place over 2000 square feet or so.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
1900 sqft town home. If I go into a studio apartment (which I actually love and want to), it would be about 500-750 sqft. All I need or want.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts