Luxury4Play.com banner

Loaned/Cash/leased How did you got your Lamborghini?

• I loaned it, I mean I traded in and cashed and loaned some money

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have it, payed cash. Thats the ONLY way I would suggest to get a lamborghini!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I took a huge loan no trade in.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Im leasing them...never in the world I would shell out such a huge amount of money for a lambo!

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually allready in the description.

Where I want this thread to go is beeing a reference for youngsters, kids that got their dream and also want to forfill it one day!

So let me ask you my fellow super cars enthusiasts:

Did you guys got a loan for you Lamborghini?

Whats your thoughts about getting a loan in general ?

Who also agrees with me when I state:
Be the banks biggest enemy and you'll allready on the right track to financial independancy?

I have a kid here wich got 50k and wants to trade his car in and blast his 50ks into a used 04 Gallardo. Now its hard to get through because I really also dont know if someone finances his lambo as the costs of owning such a car allready is pretty high, right?

Therefor it would be cool if you guys that actually own the car, tell them youngsters how you came to it and if you did a mistake buying the car in a certain way, what do you regret and how you would correct it if you could have a chance to do it all over again.

Thanks girls and guys for your posts!!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
This kid you're talking about would he be able to afford the repairs/parts ? What if he gets a gallardo and it turns out to be a lemmon ? Fuel ? Insurance ? There are so many people out there who have a ferrari or lambo, even a bmws and porsches and it just sits in the driveway because they can't afford to have it fixed or the insurance is to high.

If I didn't make the money that I do my mercedes would still be in my garage leaking oil everywhere. Guy in my town drives a '04 Gallardo but he's a welder up north in canada makes some serious money. $50k is nice, but won't blow it on a high end car.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Got a loan for it but I knew i could pay it off in a year

If you are unsure if you can afford the maintenance don't buy it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as the average running costs like fuel and insurance, I would say Yes. Sure it would on the other hand definately be hard for him to turn a lemon into a keeper. Lets just asume the car he picks wouldnt be a lemon
( 50k Euros + his trade in wich is app. 35-40k Euros worth for a dealer )
Also asume that the source, dealership he would buy it from is VERY known and present for decades in the enthusiast world, would you then still recommend this kid blowing that cash for a gallardo?
I tried to talk to him to ge himself a high reving engine like the new M4 or even the old once are nice but he just doesnt want to listen at me.
Let me ask you guys another question:
How high are the average maintaining costs for a gallardo and at how many miles of driving do they start?
He wats to run the car daily. All his cars he had were DDs only thing Im concerned the gallardo would be a whole different story...just saying...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im splicing my post because Iwant to adress this post to your last sentence because it appears to be a VERY IMPORTANT information for future owners!

Are you serious? You know so many that buy just a BMW or even an GALLARDO just for having it sitting in the driveway because they cant afford the repair bill?

Man thats sad....

Would you agree with me when I suggest:

Unless you didnt have a house ( incl. a nice garage to have a DD and a toy )

payed the house off, you shouldnt buy a Lamborghini.

Also it does look goofy when you own a lamborghini and then drive home, park the car in your garage and get back to your apartment...even you own it and have it payed off, right?

I dont want to know how your boss acts when seeing you driving a Gallardo around town while he just rocks his Benzo coup and he definately knows how much money you get.

Some might forget ....first goal should be independancy and THEN such cars...or am I wrong with what I suggested, I dont think so...

What do you say/ suggest as a real owner of such cars having maybe even a certain family background that allowed you to drive such a car and pretty much makes you able to look at things from a different perspective?

I really do not want to see that kid in trouble in any kind of way, what about criminals anyone ever had expierience with them owning such a car?

I sound like an idiot...I know... sorry for that!

I just dont want to see him in trouble thats all, again thank you for your help people!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Gevojanyan

Ha! You drive your M that you can afford!

Thats EXACTLY what I mean! I told him before a new M4 or your car would be really cool, considering he could even tune it ESS but NO he wants the gallardo...man I really dont know what to say!

I think we need more posts like yours JonSavs and RedX's, guys thank you!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Why loan? When u say loan that means he can't afford it period why evan thinking about it, I can see u financing a say honda, or VW first car something u really need to live/work, but financing lambo, Ferrari, Porsche GT3... It's beyond me!!! It's a toy not a necessity. Tell him to keep saving money and pay the house off first.
some of mine wealthiest clients 10-20 mill plus drive Hondas and used bmw's.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats not just you Jon...I think the vast majority thinks the same. The problem nowadays lays in the flood of information you get over the inet beeing a youngster. All these cool youtubers show off their gallardos ( Robert Himliar ...I know ) and this kids just think all that is real. Talking with him hes refering about a Robert Dahm and Brian Zuk and just wants to live the life they live.
Man even a nice C63 would be something I could see him in but not a Lamborghini, well at least for now and for such a young age ( just turned 19 last month )

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm?

Why do they drive used Hondas or even used BMWs? Its because they no how to keep their money together and avoid attention for a certain group of people.... criminals, right?

I also told him so much can go wrong, he could get robbed or treated very bad in everyday traffic because of the jealousy of other people.
Man hard to reach to him...hard...
I even told him why not leaving that money on the bankaccount and for beeing that smart not to shell out that money on a supercar, he could benefit himself with a nice watch like Hublot or Rolex. Even if the watch would cost 10 grand, every night when he goes to bed he can look at it and go to sleep with a smile in his face instead of making a head if his car is safe in his garage at night.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Lesson one: no bank.
Lesson two: never spend money you don't actually have.
Lesson three: Spend your money if you can afford the object twice at it's price.

Never had a problem doing so.

This 'kid' you are talking about: who is this? A relative, a friend, your son? If it is your son I'd slap him and tell him to invest it wisely to maybe double it to be in the position to afford much nicer things than used Lambos in the future. Like Irelentless already said: it's a toy. Nothing necessary and cars depreciate so unless it isn't a 300 Gullwing or any rare exotic you burn money with cars.

And as a hint: the REALLY wealthy people aren't those bragging on YT or IG about their money. Money screams - wealth whispers. (I know, I already said this sentence like 300 times on here...)

And in terms of Robert Himliar...well...we all know his story...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lesson one: no bank.
Lesson two: never spend money you don't actually have.
Lesson three: Spend your money if you can afford the object twice at it's price.

Never had a problem doing so.

This 'kid' you are talking about: who is this? A relative, a friend, your son? If it is your son I'd slap him and tell him to invest it wisely to maybe double it to be in the position to afford much nicer things than used Lambos in the future. Like Irelentless already said: it's a toy. Nothing necessary and cars depreciate so unless it isn't a 300 Gullwing or any rare exotic you burn money with cars.

And as a hint: the REALLY wealthy people aren't those bragging on YT or IG about their money. Money screams - wealth whispers. (I know, I already said this sentence like 300 times on here...)

And in terms of Robert Himliar...well...we all know his story...
Youngster Im talking about is in my family, No its not my son but I love him as if he were mine.

The truth is I gave him my hard workeed and saved money to have a good start in life ( money that I never had when I was young ) and he is planning to blow it on a gallardo...man I feel like sh***
No Im not regretting it but Im afraid, how would my brother, my whole family look at me if he gets involved in an accident and god forbid gets hurt or worster? Only the thought alone gives me sleepless nights.

Family, brother would say its all my fault...god this wasnt my intension...this wasnt definately not my intension...I just wanted to do good.

Hope I can reach to him and convince him to buy a freaking less crazy car like an C63 ( high powered engine but still IMO not as harsh and brutal as an gallardo).

Dang money isnt always the best bet.
Even if it sounds stupid I could buy him a car before he even gets in contact with the dealership?

That way he wouldnt touch his money, maybe he would buy a watch but thats it and everything would be fine with it.
Screw the other 40k that I would need to spend when hes on the right path beeing alive and well!

Oh I hope I can drag him away of that idea...

Im a man whos been through alot in his life and always been a man who accepted challenges with no fear but this situation now, I have to admit, makes me feel fear for the first time in my life.

·
Registered
271 Posts
james boundz maybe troll? is this a real situation... You gave someone your money for no purpose or with no plan... just to "live better" and your concerned hes gin to spend it on a G? So your solution is to buy him a car before he gets to the dealership? You kinda sound like a fool.

PS c63, "high revving engine car" are all as fast or close to as a gallardo... especially an "01-05" as it seems thats what we are talking about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
james boundz maybe troll? is this a real situation... You gave someone your money for no purpose or with no plan... just to "live better" and your concerned hes gin to spend it on a G? So your solution is to buy him a car before he gets to the dealership? You kinda sound like a fool.

PS c63, "high revving engine car" are all as fast or close to as a gallardo... especially an "01-05" as it seems thats what we are talking about.
I feel like a fool man, I feel like it!

No Im not trolling!

I thought he would keep the money or invest in another apartment but no now hes totally for the gallardo.

It really sounds idiotic but man try to understand my tricky situation I really dont know what to do!

Screw the 30-40k on top of it....hey arent some new gen mustangs coming soon? Maybe comvince him with that car? I really hope to convince him with something...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He will come tomorrow for a visit and I think I need to speak to him from man to man...this situation is really bothering me!
For now Id like to thank all participants in this discussion and I will keep you updated!

Again thank you people its highly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

I first thought maybe it was a troll when I posted....now reading more I believe O.P is trolling.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts