Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be purchasing in F430 or an Audi R8 soon. I'll be one of those crazy people who daily drives it, puts a ton of miles on it, and has it depreciate to the value of a rock. Yep, that's me.

ANYWAY, that isn't the point of the topic.

Right now, I own a 2010 Camaro and a 650 BMW. The BMW I've never had a problem with, but just yesterday I scraped the front end of the Camaro going up a steep incline, and it got me to thinking: the Ferrari is MUCH lower than the Camaro, so if I scrape the Camaro.. What's going to happen to the Ferrari.

There's a really steep slope going to the place I work, and our driveway is a bit of a worry. It isn't exactly steep, but it's a big transition from the road to the driveway, and I'm worried the bottom lip of the F430 will scrape.

Another problem, is I dont know the slope of my driveway, and I dont have anything to check it with, so does anyone happen to know the maximum slope I should attempt driving up? or maybe how low the F430 is to the ground? Basically any relevant information that will help me out?

Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just try to take it at the sharpest angle possible, and you should be fine. Unless it's a serious change that we are talking about here.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
No idea about the exact angle but stock 430s are way too high. So no worries about curbs etc.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea about the exact angle but stock 430s are way too high. So no worries about curbs etc.
Seriously? I see them at Dupont all the time and sometimes I wonder how they even get over a speed bump. Unless all I've ever seen are lowered F430s

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I drove a 430 4 about 5 weeks now as a DD and we have mad curbs, garage driveways etc. over here. Not a problem to report. Its even easier than a GT3 RS with curbs.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove a 430 4 about 5 weeks now as a DD and we have mad curbs, garage driveways etc. over here. Not a problem to report. Its even easier than a GT3 RS with curbs.
Hmm, well thats definitely reasurring.

I was even getting ideas in my head of putting a lift kit on the front, like on the 06 lamborghinis cause I thought it was so low.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Like stated above just take it a angle NEVER head on. Same with speed bumps and dips always at a angle.

·
Registered
349 Posts
just take it at an angle.. play safe all the time, even though u are pretty certain that u can make it..

·
Registered
883 Posts
I remember driving my lowrider trucks way back in the day and trying to go over speed bumps almost sideways and the entire frame dragging on the bump!!! The dumb things teenagers do!!! lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
I believe there is a sponsoring company here on the 4 that builds skid plates for these cars. If I am not mistaken, they are finishing one up for a 458. I will edit my post once I find which company it is. Unless someone wants to chime in with the name.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I believe there is a sponsoring company here on the 4 that builds skid plates for these cars. If I am not mistaken, they are finishing one up for a 458. I will edit my post once I find which company it is. Unless someone wants to chime in with the name.
I just saw a video on the one they made for the 458, can't think of the name though. But he's right, they do make plates you can buy to prevent scratching the actual bumper.

·
Registered
133 Posts
mine was fine until I lowered it :)
stock there fine with most speed bumps. lowered is a different story.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Skid Plates are always a big help depending on where you are we have many sponsors that can make this happen, depending on where you live. If you need an intro, hit me up and I'll introduce you to a few people.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Al & Ed's do skid plates for those cars. we want pics when you get the new whip!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A skid plate actually sounds like a pretty good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

I'll DEFINITELY post up pictures when I get the car. I'm waiting till around the end of the year to start looking (January, February). A place in Fort Lauderdale currently has exactly what I'm looking for. A red F430 Spyder with the F1 trans. I'm waiting till the end of the year because I have a lot of things to wrap up and get done with before I focus on buying this.

Either way, the ride height wont affect rather I get the car or not. I'm pretty much set on the F430 and I figure I can just take the Camaro or BMW to work and drive the Ferrari everywhere else. I'm starting to fall away from the Audi R8 because for ALL that money.. It just doesn't seem like something I'd want. (no offense, I love the R8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The skid plates are a must. I have a steep driveway which I have to enter and exit at a very steep angle to prevent scraping. My F430 and then the Scuderia would still scrape the skid plates occasionally. On the other hand, the LP-560 Spyder has never hit because of the lift system.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I do not have skid plates for my car because when you think of it, skid plates just make the clearance even lower. All you have to do really do is go at a steep enough angle and slow enough and it wont scratch. Personally the 430 Spyder is high enough that you would not need to worry about most dips and driveways

·
Registered
46 Posts
The car already has plastic plates under the bumper and it can be fixed or replaced, Ive done it on mine. Not a big deal. I have them on my 360 spider because the 360 is lower and the bumper is painted partially on the underside. And yes skid plates will lower the car even more. So when parking it's okay to look like an idiot and hop out of your car 3-4 times to make sure you didn't hit the curb. People may laugh but who cares your in a Ferrari and they are not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts