Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say I buy one of those yellow P1s for sale (those seem to be the most common) and I want it repainted to the vulcanic orange color; does anyone have an estimate how long that would take?

(I take it they do the best repaint job?)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can tell you it would take about two or three days.....

To just vinyl wrap the car whatever color you want, and keep the OEM paint fresh as well as deterring any skepticism by prospective second owners as to the justification for the repaint.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Why have McLaren do it vs a reputable shop that specializes in high end vehicles? Be a lot quicker, and cheaper I would assume.

But I also agree with Nolan, a wrap would be a more practical method to get your desired color while preserving the original color for the next owner.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Would hold value better with MSO painting than just a reputable shop

wrap would still be best

·
Registered
229 Posts
lulz

Yeah I hear you on the value part, and I suppose future owners would definitely rather see it as a McLaren paintjob vs random shop.
Was just thinking for my own personal deal though, I don't let cars go so that's why it wouldn't bother me

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
lulz

Yeah I hear you on the value part, and I suppose future owners would definitely rather see it as a McLaren paintjob vs random shop.
Was just thinking for my own personal deal though, I don't let cars go so that's why it wouldn't bother me
It should.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You are all overreacting, Alex is right. If you take it to a reputable shop that specializes on these cars it will be cheaper and easier. Take it to a certified McLaren repair facility if you REALLY need to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts