Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you started getting serious/professional, how long did it take for you to feel confident in your abilities as a photographer and photo editing? What was your first professional gig like? Were you nervous or did you have the "I totally got this" confidence by that point?

Knuckleheads like me on the Internet are as easy to please as kids watching fireworks, but when did you know?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,114 Posts
I never feel 100% confident and a little nervous before every shoot. Every shoot is different and there is always a chance you won't get a good shot.

And as some people know I really do not like my own work which is what keeps me doing photography. Trying to get that one image I like.

"kids watching fireworks", haha I like that. You're so right.

Don't judge how good you are by people on the internet. You'll notice people post some of the crappiest pictures and still get a "Dude! That's an awesome shot".

All that matters is if the client is happy and you're happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not liking one's work leaves only the desire for constant improvement. I admire that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I shoot private track events and confidence is honestly shooting enough shots to guarantee I've got at least 2-3 shots of each car that I am willing to offer to people to buy. And always trying new things knowing that at some point I'm gonna f#$% it up but to keep on trying.

confidence for me comes when I've practiced enough and taken the effort to try and get those shots that make me say WOW. doesn't happen often but when it does, It's an awesome feeling.

·
Registered
223 Posts
5 Years ago, I shot my first wedding. I was a junior in high school. Sure, I was nervous. But just sucked it up, did my thing, and got some great pictures. Kirb said it: "All that matters is if the client is happy and you're happy with the outcome."

There is always room to keep growing as a photographer, that's why this job never gets boring ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts