Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, here is my experience, and for the record, I have never had such experience with all of my other super cars.

I went shopping for a car at the Geneva show last March 2013, I usually flip cars every two years, and 2014 is the time for a new whip.. so I walked around the show, and the only car that still got my attention was the Ferrari F12berlinetta. I walked in the booth, and asked one of the gentlemen to help me placing an order, he then got me the official representative of Ferrari in my hometown. I sat with him, configured some of the options, and then he told me that he doesn't have the price list with him for my home town, and that he would prefer if we finalize the order later when we are back home. I agreed and left the show booth.

Since I went to the show at the very beginning, I thought I should wait until the show ended, and the representative is back and also wait to get all his papers sorted out, and I expected a call from him. This didn't happen, I didn't hear from the guy nor Ferrari, a month passes since I was in the show and nothing, so I contacted Ferrari customer service via their website cos I misplaced the contact of the official representative, and in less than 3 hours, I received an email from Ferrari dealership here apologizing that there was a miss understanding, according to the guy (who is the same guy that helped me in Geneva show), he understood, that I will think about it and get back to him, and mind you there was no call back from him, nor any kind of getting in touch with me. Nevertheless, I thought it could happen, so I replied to telling him no harm done, and gave him my full contacts again including my cell phone, and gave him dates that I can make it to the showroom to finalize my order. Only not to hear from him after that, a week passes by, and nothing, so I forwarded the email and asked again to make an appointment to finalize my order. He calls me at the end of the week, telling me he will be traveling for the weekend, and will call me Sunday when he is back to make the appointment. Sunday comes , Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and nothing, I called him yesterday Thursday, no answer, I sent him a text message telling him any time Friday afternoon would be good for me.. no answer from him..

I picked up my Avy yesterday (Same day, Thursday) from changing to summer tires, and went for a quick drive in the city, and I see the guy getting out of his ferrari demo car and of course he saw me and pretended not to see me, mind you my car is as loud as fu*k.

Can someone tell me, why is it this hard to be able to order a car like a Ferrari F12? what should someone do? I mean usually when a person wants to buy a car in such status, the experience should be part of the fun of owning the supercar. and what I feel right now is like I am trying too hard to give my money to Ferrari, and Ferrari actually doesn't want my money... I even start thinking that the guy has personal issues with me, although I never said nor did anything disrespectful towards him.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just trying to vent my frustration at what should have been a nice experience gone sour.

Now tell me, is it normal to be this hard to place an order of a flagship Ferrari?

Thanks for your time..

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I might be wrong but I think that car has a long waiting list. Just go with another brand if that's the kind of shitty service they give where you live.
I had ordered the new viper from SRT, got the dates I was supposed to receive the car.. and then they tell me my order was pushed back to 2014..
Now I will never buy from chrysler again

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ yes it has a long list indeed, but to me I want the car in 2014 anyway, this is why I place an order a year before when I want it, to make sure they have enough time to make it.. waiting for the car is not an issue, I have a nice car to drive till 2014 anyway, but why is the Ferrari dealership not responding to my interest to buy the car ? this is what is bugging me?

·
Banned
3,270 Posts
Came in here thinking it was a troll, then I saw a huge post and that he has been a member here since '11....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Why not go into the dealership and talk to someone else? Surely he isn't the only salesman that works there. I would go straight to management, explain your situation and go from there. I would be upset if I was treated like that buying a Kia, let alone an F12. I wouldn't give that guy the sale at all. Worst case scenario, look at dealerships outside your home town and see if you can work something out with them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ without mentioning names, unfortunately, the guy I am talking about is no salesman, he is in top management, which makes me more confused for being treated this way. As a matter of fact, the salesman that I used to know has left the company for, and I quote, "their unprofessionalism" .. I spoke to him today actually after writing the post..

·
Registered
490 Posts
^ That is a pretty bad situation. How far is the next closest dealership from you? I personally would never deal with someone so unprofessional. I would inquire with other dealerships and go from there. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Contact Ferrari corporate and voice your concern to them! They will listen and hopefully have another dealer contact you

Sent from my VERTU Ti using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
861 Posts
Only 1 Authorized Ferrari dealer in Vienna, Austria?
You can always get the AVENTADOR on your profile pix. LOL!
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There are many cars to buy instead of the f12. Their attidute is not a good sign for the aftersales service.

I was very dissatisfied with Louis Vuitton's after sales service, and that made me not buy again from them... :/

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Ferraris are priced based on the city you live in?...lame, but good luck on the search :bow1:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Your Question:
How hard is it to place an order for a flagship Ferrari F12

My Answer:
Very easy...when you're from the middle east, your father just calls up Ferrari and sends you one in a week. He's had his for 2 months now:

and his other cars:

oh and another f12 is coming in a couple weeks, same family....and just called up ferrari to get it as well.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts