Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to go from one city to another in a Tesla, but I'm not sure it has enough charge for that. What's more, I'm not sure there will be charging stations along the way at all. So what am I supposed to do about it? If I charge from regular power outlets, it's going to take a ton of time, I don't know how much time I have to count on getting there. Anyway, it's not for nothing that my teacher said that I could still use the math. She was right. In high school, I was like the "sneakiest guy", solving everything through https://ohhaskme.cоm/. Well, anyway, I drive a Tesla and she drives a bus. So whatever.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Somewhere in all those LCD displays, doesn't it have an "expected range" meter that will tell you approximately how many miles are left in the "tank"? Only experience will tell you how that relates to your actual expected range, but it must be a good starting point. How far away from each other are the cities? Can you charge it when you get to your destination? If not, then obviously you'll have to make sure your range will cover both directions of the trip.

As for what you're supposed to do about it, this is the current (sorry...) issue with electric cars, that most countries (you don't say which one you're in) don't have sufficient charging infrastructure to make them viable for longer trips. I imagine that will come, along with cars with better range, if electric cars are the future.

You could always fit a towbar and tow a diesel generator, then you can charge it up wherever you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts